Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wooden flooring??

Er indoors has decided she doesn't like the carpet in the living room, and
she wants a nice wooden floor, not laminate and not engineered wood, but
solid oak floor.
I said ok lets think about it do some research and do it after Xmas, no
whilst I was out at the weekend (queuing at the local tip) she has ripped up
the old carpet and underlay.
As a result the living room now has what look like lino tiles about 6-8
inches square, presumably fitted on top of original concrete floor when the
house was built (1968).
Can we fit solid oak flooring on top of these tiles? I have looked for
information on the web, and most sites say no, (well no to concrete, as you
have to nail the boards down) but some, including one video (wickes), said
yes so long as the floor is glued together, and I use an underlay.
She does not want an engineered wood floor, which as far as I can see would
be the ideal solution, as I assume it could be glued to the tiles without
too many issues.

The flooring she has seen and likes is sold in Costco, 300-1200mm planks
130mm wide 18mm thick. But I am unable to find the manufacturer to ask for
advice, they are labelled up as Forester.

Can anyone help me out, either with a contact number for the manufacturer or
with definitive fitting advice.

thanks

Vernon

wooden flooring [email protected] UK diy 0 August 8th 06 05:25 PM
Wooden flooring ? Dirksdonuts UK diy 3 November 6th 05 10:44 PM
Wooden flooring. [email protected] UK diy 3 March 23rd 05 09:16 AM
Natura engineered wooden flooring from Flooring Supplies - any experiences? Mark Walters UK diy 3 February 15th 05 09:24 PM
Real Oak Wooden Flooring rocyn UK diy 2 August 19th 03 04:43 PM