Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vernon Vernon is offline

Default Wooden flooring??

BUT the reason we us carpets,is that solid concrete floors without
insulation are fecking cold.

My REAL solution would be to get the old screed up, and then either go
suspended or insulated + screed and THEN lay the floor..probably ona
wooden frame.

Or, if you can afford the loss of room height, screw 2x2 on the floor,
insulate between, and screw timber over.

We cannot afford to lose height in the room, so that rules out the last
option, equally digging up the screed is IMO a no go.

I am not adverse to taking up the existing tiles, but just not certain if it
wouldn't open up more problems with the moisture content of the concrete
floor underneath etc etc.

I guess it will have to be an engineered wood floor, there still seem to be
various ways to fit those, including glue to floor, glue together over
underlay, don't glue but use sticky underlay.

ggrrr why can't we have carpet like everyone else!