Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y
TMC TMC is offline

Default ping ed sirret (expansion vessels)

Hi

Further to my previous post

My boiler is on the first floor

I can fit the expansion vessel at the side of the cupboard with the boiler
in and box it in, in which case I would want the water connection at the
bottom

I could fit the vessel near to the ceiling in the room below (a utility
room) in which case it would be about 400mm below the boiler and I would
need the water connection at the top

are there any issues with either location or which way up the vessel is?

I assume that as my boiler has its own pressure gauge all that I need is a
connector for the vessel some copper pipe and a T into the existing pipework

My boiler is 18kw output running 8 rads 3 doubles (1 at 6' x 2' 1 at 5' x
2' 1 at 3' x 2'6" ) 5 singles all 2' high (6', 5', 4', and 2 at 2')

I am assuming from the faq that an 8 litre vessel would be enough

cheers

Tony