Posted to uk.d-i-y
GMM GMM is offline

Default Glue inside a dishwasher

On 25 Nov, 16:27, 1501 wrote:
On 24 Nov, 23:21, GMM wrote:

Somehow I suspect that a solventy-thing (like model aeroplane glue)
would do a better job as, to some extent, it would weld the plastic (I
know straight chloroform works well for perspex, for example), but
does anyone have any positive experience of trying to do this or is it
just a no-go?

The real trick with using a solvent type adhesive is to know exactly
what type of plastic you're sticking. The "model aeroplanes" are
moulded from a polystyrene plastic and the adhesive is just that -
polystyrene and a volatile solvent. To get a really tight joint in
these models the experienced modellers use, what is essentially pure
solvent like, Acetone or Methyl Ethyl Kytone.

That, indeed, was what stopped me from simply looting something from
the lab to stick it: I suspect (but I'm not certain) that it's
polypropylene, which is pretty impervious to most solvents, rather
than an easily-dissolvable plastic like polystyrene.

Glue inside a dishwasher GMM UK diy 4 November 25th 08 05:34 PM
Whirlpool convertible dishwasher - no water inside [email protected] Home Repair 3 August 8th 08 03:47 PM
Natural, water-resistant glue such as casein or hide glue? JakeD UK diy 22 December 11th 07 02:15 PM
Glue the coil to the inverter circuit board? Why?Need glue after the reapir??? [email protected] Electronics Repair 3 September 24th 06 03:26 PM
help with ASKO dishwasher, no water spraying inside.. Paul Home Repair 6 August 26th 06 03:48 AM