Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Well, that was a result then ... !

Arfa Daily wrote:
"Roger Mills" wrote in message

Good result and well done to B&Q but who in their right mind thought
that plastic with a faux aluminium surface would do for something that
would be walked on day and daily .

The accountants?
--
Cheers,
Roger

It looks like it was the manufacturers who changed the spec, not B&Q, as it
is not a B&Q - specific product. It seems from what I can gather, that B&Q
themselves were not aware that this change had been made, so perhaps in the
long run, I'll have done us all a favour by bringing it to their attention.
Since posting here, I also sent a mail to the customer service girl thanking
her for her efforts, and to let her know that the matter had now been
resolved to my total satisfaction. She has replied with a very nice mail, so
I think I have made her day by letting her know that she is appreciated.
Being in the service sector myself, as well as expecting to get this kind of
resolution to an issue, I think it is also important to give praise where
due, to people who go out of their way to help. No matter what we think of a
company corporately, it must be difficult for the people at the sharp end,
and must get very wearing to be dealing with nothing but irate customers all
day ... :-)

Arfa

If only it could always be like this.
I don't understand crappy customer service, everyone directly involved
is unnecesssarily aggravated and the potential for further trade is harmed.
I wonder if some of the bigger companies think there are enough mugs who
will put up with poor service and still return to spend.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember R D S saying
something like:

I wonder if some of the bigger companies think there are enough mugs who
will put up with poor service and still return to spend.

In the good times, yes.
Nowadays the survivors will be the ones who give a toss.

Result of A/C Problem Dimitrios Paskoudniakis Home Repair 10 June 7th 08 03:56 AM
Damp Proofing Result Ed_Zep UK diy 69 August 17th 06 03:15 PM
OT Keystoke Logger-The result ARWadsworth UK diy 23 September 5th 05 10:59 PM
Radon test result Tom UK diy 39 March 8th 05 06:37 PM