Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bosch dishwasher parts schematic

Hello,

I have a problem with my Bosch dishwasher. While the machine is not in use
waste water seeps in and collects in the bottom of the machine. The drain
hose is connected to the sink trap as per the installation instructions. The
dishwasher can be turned on and reset pressed to force the machine to pump
the water out, so not a huge problem.

But I decided to take a look and opened it up. Some muck in the plastic
water maze type thing so cleaned that out. Then I did a Google and found
someone with the same problem and the answer was the inlet value needed
replacing. This could be the cause and while I have the machine dragged out
and opened up I thought I might as well replace it.

But I cannot find an inlet valve in Bosch's list of spare parts. See he

https://www.bosch-eshop.com/eshop(bD...GS43E08GB%2f35

If that doesn't work the model number is SGS43E08GB

The most likely parts are on page 4 and a

29 8656 Water inlet
26 3185 Regulator-water level Pressure switch assy
48 2936 Pressure chamber

The water inlet is the plastic maze type thing I have already cleaned out,
could this be it? Although I would have expected something that was
opened/closed electronically.

I would be most grateful if someone could identify the water inlet valve for
me as I am under pressure to fix this, as you can imagine!

Thanks,

Graham

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Graham Jones" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a problem with my Bosch dishwasher. While the machine is not in use
waste water seeps in and collects in the bottom of the machine. The drain
hose is connected to the sink trap as per the installation instructions.

The
dishwasher can be turned on and reset pressed to force the machine to pump
the water out, so not a huge problem.

But I decided to take a look and opened it up. Some muck in the plastic
water maze type thing so cleaned that out. Then I did a Google and found
someone with the same problem and the answer was the inlet value needed
replacing. This could be the cause and while I have the machine dragged

out
and opened up I thought I might as well replace it.

But I cannot find an inlet valve in Bosch's list of spare parts. See he

As the waste hose leaves the trap under the sink, raise it up above the trap
as much as you can to form an upward bend toward the worktop. If the waste
hose is left dangling down as it leaves the sink trap, you're asking for
water to run back down the pipe. It should all the problems.

Good luck with it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"BigWallop" wrote in message
om...

[...]

It might even "Cure" all the problems. :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 21:57:52 UTC, "Graham Jones"
wrote:

I have a problem with my Bosch dishwasher. While the machine is not in use
waste water seeps in and collects in the bottom of the machine. The drain
hose is connected to the sink trap as per the installation instructions. The
dishwasher can be turned on and reset pressed to force the machine to pump
the water out, so not a huge problem.

Does sound as if the drain hose isn't fitted quite right. May be the
routing of the hose, or just the exact way it's fitted to the trap. Or
there might be crud in the trap, meaning the water wells up and goes
into the d/w pipe.

I'd spend some time eliminating this first.

But I decided to take a look and opened it up. Some muck in the plastic
water maze type thing so cleaned that out.

Normal. Best avoided by a regular flush through with d/w cleaner or some
substutute.

Then I did a Google and found
someone with the same problem and the answer was the inlet value needed
replacing. This could be the cause and while I have the machine dragged out
and opened up I thought I might as well replace it.

I don't understand this. The INLET valve? We're talking waste water
here, surely? I suspect that was a different problem; inlet valve faulty
would let in clean water, not waste water.

The water inlet is the plastic maze type thing I have already cleaned out,
could this be it? Although I would have expected something that was
opened/closed electronically.

That's correct. The water inlet valve would be at the back somewhere,
connected to the inlet hose, before the 'maze'. The maze is used to
pre-heat incoming water using waste water.

I repeat, the inlet valve sounds like a red herring. Check the hose, and
clean out the sink trap thoroughly.

http://www.diybanter.com

Bosch Dishwasher wilf UK diy 1 November 8th 08 09:16 PM
Bosch Dishwasher GB UK diy 7 January 11th 08 10:30 PM
bosch dishwasher [email protected] Home Repair 8 June 7th 07 01:44 PM
U.S. source for Bosch Dishwasher parts? Tony Home Repair 10 August 17th 06 02:19 AM
Bosch dishwasher Paul F UK diy 2 August 4th 04 07:09 PM