Posted to alt.home.repair

Default U.S. source for Bosch Dishwasher parts?

My Bosch SHU66C has suddenly (by itself) decided to change the wash times
for the various cycles that it has. The times no longer match those listed
in the manual. I suspect I need a new logic board. I was wondering if anyone
could recommend where in the U.S. I could buy the right part. And I also
need the part number.

I'm thinking this is what I need to do because this happened to my
sister-in-law as well (she has a different model of Bosch), and they got
their control board from a local supplier (they're across the country,
unfortunately). My nephew then replaced it very easily.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Sev Sev is offline

I suspect you're right, but you have tried the obvious, just unplugging
it for a while?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Sev Sev is offline

Sev wrote:
I suspect you're right, but you have tried the obvious, just unplugging
it for a while?

I mean by shutting off breaker, not pulling it from wall, etc.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Sears has parts, and service that costs a fortune...

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Sev wrote:
Sev wrote:
I suspect you're right, but you have tried the obvious, just unplugging
it for a while?

I mean by shutting off breaker, not pulling it from wall, etc.

????

What possible difference is there functionally that flipping the
breaker would do that unplugging it couldn't/wouldn't???

Posted to alt.home.repair

"dpb" wrote in message

What possible difference is there functionally that flipping the
breaker would do that unplugging it couldn't/wouldn't???

Many DW's are hard wired so there is no plug to pull. Either way, same
result.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tony" wrote in message
. ..
My Bosch SHU66C has suddenly (by itself) decided to change the wash times
for the various cycles that it has. The times no longer match those listed
in the manual. I suspect I need a new logic board. I was wondering if
anyone could recommend where in the U.S. I could buy the right part. And I
also need the part number.

www.repairclinic.com

Posted to alt.home.repair
Sev Sev is offline

dpb wrote:
Sev wrote:
Sev wrote:
I suspect you're right, but you have tried the obvious, just unplugging
it for a while?

I mean by shutting off breaker, not pulling it from wall, etc.

????

What possible difference is there functionally that flipping the
breaker would do that unplugging it couldn't/wouldn't???

Little easier, dontcha think?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Sev" wrote in message
ps.com...

I suspect you're right, but you have tried the obvious, just unplugging
it for a while?

Sev, not yet. Fortunately my dishwasher is plugged in "locally" so I can
unplug it for a bit. I'll give it a try.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Sev" wrote in message
ps.com...

Sev wrote:
I suspect you're right, but you have tried the obvious, just unplugging
it for a while?

I mean by shutting off breaker, not pulling it from wall, etc.

I shut off the breaker and kept it off for a couple of minutes. Flipped it
back on (made sure it was the right breaker) and the dishwasher still has
the wrong times for the cycles.