Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How the kinell do I paint this?

Customer wants me to paint the outside of her house. No problemo apart from
the wall above the garage.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...izpainting.jpg

Its the area (badly) outlined in yellow.

I can't see any safe method of access other than scaffolding, which is
likely to blow her budget.

Anyone got Spiderman's phone number?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Customer wants me to paint the outside of her house. No problemo apart from
the wall above the garage.
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...izpainting.jpg
Its the area (badly) outlined in yellow.
I can't see any safe method of access other than scaffolding, which is
likely to blow her budget.

Ouch - how about putting a ladder up where accessible, and using a
roller on a pole ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 23:46:15 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

Customer wants me to paint the outside of her house. No problemo apart from
the wall above the garage.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...izpainting.jpg

Its the area (badly) outlined in yellow.

I can't see any safe method of access other than scaffolding, which is
likely to blow her budget.

work platform on a hoist? Cheaper than a scaffold and available on
day-hire.

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.sandrila.co.uk/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Customer wants me to paint the outside of her house. No problemo apart from
the wall above the garage.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...izpainting.jpg

Its the area (badly) outlined in yellow.

I can't see any safe method of access other than scaffolding, which is
likely to blow her budget.

work platform on a hoist? Cheaper than a scaffold and available on
day-hire.

Cherry picker.

Maybe you could use your sales skills and resolve a repeat painting
expense by extending the garage upto the roof.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 23:46:15 UTC, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

Customer wants me to paint the outside of her house. No problemo apart from
the wall above the garage.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...izpainting.jpg

Its the area (badly) outlined in yellow.

I can't see any safe method of access other than scaffolding, which is
likely to blow her budget.

Anyone got Spiderman's phone number?

Is that a triangular garage????

http://www.diybanter.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Customer wants me to paint the outside of her house. No problemo apart from
the wall above the garage.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...izpainting.jpg

Its the area (badly) outlined in yellow.

I can't see any safe method of access other than scaffolding, which is
likely to blow her budget.

Anyone got Spiderman's phone number?

Is that a triangular garage????

For a Reliant Robin?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 20:42:54 UTC, wrote:

wrote:

Customer wants me to paint the outside of her house. No problemo apart from
the wall above the garage.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...izpainting.jpg

Its the area (badly) outlined in yellow.

Is that a triangular garage????

For a Reliant Robin?

I was thinking it would suit one of the Bubblecar Models like a
Heinkel.

Nah, one of these: http://tinyurl.com/5vqz3o

http://www.diybanter.com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Customer wants me to paint the outside of her house. No problemo apart from
the wall above the garage.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...izpainting.jpg

Its the area (badly) outlined in yellow.

Is that a triangular garage????
For a Reliant Robin?

I was thinking it would suit one of the Bubblecar Models like a
Heinkel.

Nah, one of these: http://tinyurl.com/5vqz3o

I always wanted one of those and a lime green Capri and a Daytona yellow
Cortina MK3

--
Kevin R
Reply address works
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 21:18:04 UTC, Kevin
wrote:

Nah, one of these: http://tinyurl.com/5vqz3o

I always wanted one of those and a lime green Capri and a Daytona yellow
Cortina MK3

I wanted a gold 1600E Mark II.

The Bond Bug never did well as a boy racer car for one reason - the
position of the engine. Being a three wheeler, the engine was in a big
'hump' between the seats, forming an effective barrier. And there was no
back seat.

http://www.diybanter.com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Customer wants me to paint the outside of her house. No problemo
apart from the wall above the garage.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...izpainting.jpg

Its the area (badly) outlined in yellow.

I can't see any safe method of access other than scaffolding, which
is likely to blow her budget.

Anyone got Spiderman's phone number?

Is that a triangular garage????

It is. Goes with the triangular back rooms & the triangular garden.

I get all the easy jobs :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

OK - ask at www.toblerone.com

seriously though
Is the garage roof a walk-on roof? you may be able to do something with a
roller-on-a-stick

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "The Medway Handyman"
saying something like:

It is. Goes with the triangular back rooms & the triangular garden.

I get all the easy jobs :-)

Fill balloons with paint. You surely have a ballista?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
drugs began to take hold. I remember "The Medway Handyman"
saying something like:

It is. Goes with the triangular back rooms & the triangular garden.

I get all the easy jobs :-)

Fill balloons with paint. You surely have a ballista?

Alas, only a scale model trebuchet.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
om...
Customer wants me to paint the outside of her house. No problemo apart

from
the wall above the garage.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...izpainting.jpg

Its the area (badly) outlined in yellow.

I can't see any safe method of access other than scaffolding, which is
likely to blow her budget.

Anyone got Spiderman's phone number?

Dave - The Medway Handyman

With difficulty? :-)

How about a bosons chair tied off at the chimney stacks? Or a cheap hire
cherry picker?

Three ladders tied off to the walls top and bottom, and batten boards
between them?

What height, even roughly, is the gable? Even a scaffold would be a
difficult job. What a horrible shaped space to get anything in to.

Hang on. I think I have some sky hooks you can borrow, to tie the ladder on
to any passing clouds. :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , BigWallop
writes
How about a bosons chair tied off at the chimney stacks? Or a cheap hire
cherry picker?

It's gonna be difficult getting a ladder in there let alone a particle
accelerator to create the bosons and I don't think that bosons have
chairs although maybe the LHC will provide proof when it comes back on
line next year? Any excuse to hire a cherry picker.
--
Clint Sharp

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 23:46:15 GMT, The Medway Handyman wrote:

I can't see any safe method of access other than scaffolding, which is
likely to blow her budget.

Cherry picker, if you can get it close enough looks to be quite a
horizontal reach to the corner. You'll need to check the reach/height
combinations carefully. Oh and the firmness of the ground and whats
underneath where it will sit. Very common for a cherry picker to sink a
leg into the ground and topple over...

Is the other gable hers or a neighours? Could the cost of scaffolding be
shared between the two of them? Selling point to neighbour is that the
unpainted wall will look *really* shabby against the nice newly done one.
You may end up doing that house as well.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 23:46:15 GMT, The Medway Handyman wrote:

I can't see any safe method of access other than scaffolding, which
is likely to blow her budget.

Cherry picker, if you can get it close enough looks to be quite a
horizontal reach to the corner. You'll need to check the reach/height
combinations carefully. Oh and the firmness of the ground and whats
underneath where it will sit. Very common for a cherry picker to sink
a leg into the ground and topple over...

Alas its just earth, it would have to go on scaffold boards or something.

Is the other gable hers or a neighours? Could the cost of scaffolding
be shared between the two of them? Selling point to neighbour is that
the unpainted wall will look *really* shabby against the nice newly
done one. You may end up doing that house as well.

What a good idea! The other gable is a neighbours.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I can't see any safe method of access other than scaffolding, which is
likely to blow her budget.

http://www.midlandladders.com/produc...er-273-23.html
and one of those paint rollers with a pressurised paint supply?
http://www.earlex.co.uk/html/cps_html/pr9.htm
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 23:46:15 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Customer wants me to paint the outside of her house. No problemo apart from
the wall above the garage.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...izpainting.jpg

Its the area (badly) outlined in yellow.

I can't see any safe method of access other than scaffolding, which is
likely to blow her budget.

Anyone got Spiderman's phone number?

A modified version of this, built off a basic access tower:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...s/DSCI0011.jpg

Cic.

Using Ubuntu Linux
Windows shown the door

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Customer wants me to paint the outside of her house. No problemo apart from
the wall above the garage.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...izpainting.jpg

Its the area (badly) outlined in yellow.

I can't see any safe method of access other than scaffolding, which is
likely to blow her budget.

Not like this, I hope

http://www.vertikal.net/en/stories.php?id=6837

http://www.vertikal.net/en/stories.php?id=6499

http://www.vertikal.net/en/stories.php?id=6363

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember Chris J Dixon
saying something like:

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Customer wants me to paint the outside of her house. No problemo apart from
the wall above the garage.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...izpainting.jpg

Its the area (badly) outlined in yellow.

I can't see any safe method of access other than scaffolding, which is
likely to blow her budget.

Not like this, I hope

http://www.vertikal.net/en/stories.php?id=6837

http://www.vertikal.net/en/stories.php?id=6499

http://www.vertikal.net/en/stories.php?id=6363

Pah. Amateurs...

http://www.systems4business.co.nz/sa...ingcowboys.htm

http://www.safetycenter.navy.mil/pho...0/photo243.jpg

http://www.safetycenter.navy.mil/pho...0/photo261.jpg
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Customer wants me to paint the outside of her house. No problemo apart

from
the wall above the garage.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...izpainting.jpg

Its the area (badly) outlined in yellow.

I can't see any safe method of access other than scaffolding, which is
likely to blow her budget.

Not like this, I hope

http://www.vertikal.net/en/stories.php?id=6837

http://www.vertikal.net/en/stories.php?id=6499

http://www.vertikal.net/en/stories.php?id=6363

Pah. Amateurs...

http://www.systems4business.co.nz/sa...ingcowboys.htm

http://www.safetycenter.navy.mil/pho...0/photo243.jpg

http://www.safetycenter.navy.mil/pho...0/photo261.jpg

http://www.theclaimsconnection.co.uk...affolding.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message
The Medway Handyman wrote:

Customer wants me to paint the outside of her house. No problemo apart
from
the wall above the garage.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...izpainting.jpg

Its the area (badly) outlined in yellow.

I can't see any safe method of access other than scaffolding, which is
likely to blow her budget.

Not like this, I hope

http://www.vertikal.net/en/stories.php?id=6837

http://www.vertikal.net/en/stories.php?id=6499

http://www.vertikal.net/en/stories.php?id=6363

Why is the author going on about cantilevers?
That platform is supported at both ends and is not cantilevered AFAICS.
Without knowing what it is supported on it is not possible to say if its
safe.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris J Dixon wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:

Customer wants me to paint the outside of her house. No problemo apart from
the wall above the garage.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...izpainting.jpg

Its the area (badly) outlined in yellow.

I can't see any safe method of access other than scaffolding, which is
likely to blow her budget.

Not like this, I hope

http://www.vertikal.net/en/stories.php?id=6837

Not sure what the fuss is on that one. The end of the platform looks to
be supported. The planks supporting it are tied together.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Did you know that there is a place called Lower Kinnell near Ontario,
Canada. A Kinnell village in Angus, Scotland. There's a Kinnell township
in Rhodesia. But I can't, for the life of me, find a place called "Far
Kinnell"........

If anyone can help on this, it would be much appreciated. :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 09:36:11 GMT, "BigWallop"
wrote:

Did you know that there is a place called Lower Kinnell near Ontario,
Canada. A Kinnell village in Angus, Scotland. There's a Kinnell township
in Rhodesia. But I can't, for the life of me, find a place called "Far
Kinnell"........

That would be Faslane, where I spent about 7yrs. If you can't see
across the Gareloch it's raining, if you can, it's about to. :-)

If anyone can help on this, it would be much appreciated. :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

BigWallop wrote:
Did you know that there is a place called Lower Kinnell near Ontario,
Canada. A Kinnell village in Angus, Scotland. There's a Kinnell township
in Rhodesia. But I can't, for the life of me, find a place called "Far
Kinnell"........

I think you are missing a Kinnell, since I was lead to believe there
were four of them... ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

John Rumm wrote:
BigWallop wrote:
Did you know that there is a place called Lower Kinnell near Ontario,
Canada. A Kinnell village in Angus, Scotland. There's a Kinnell
township
in Rhodesia. But I can't, for the life of me, find a place called "Far
Kinnell"........

I think you are missing a Kinnell, since I was lead to believe there
were four of them... ;-)

Kinnel, Mill Ln, Alfington, Ottery St Mary, Devon EX11, UK :-)

or the one the dog isn't sleeping in...

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , BigWallop
writes
Did you know that there is a place called Lower Kinnell near Ontario,
Canada. A Kinnell village in Angus, Scotland. There's a Kinnell township
in Rhodesia. But I can't, for the life of me, find a place called "Far
Kinnell"........

If anyone can help on this, it would be much appreciated. :-)

Bizarrely, there's Lower Ramsbottom but the people up the hill objected.
--
Clint Sharp
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Clint Sharp" wrote in message
In message , BigWallop
writes
Did you know that there is a place called Lower Kinnell near Ontario,
Canada. A Kinnell village in Angus, Scotland. There's a Kinnell

township
in Rhodesia. But I can't, for the life of me, find a place called "Far
Kinnell"........

If anyone can help on this, it would be much appreciated. :-)

Bizarrely, there's Lower Ramsbottom but the people up the hill objected.

Clint Sharp

Hee Hee !!!

I've visited a village in Peru called kahki Pantis. Came face to face with
a huge wild boar in the jungle, and found out how it got its name. :-)

..

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , BigWallop
writes

"Clint Sharp" wrote in message
In message , BigWallop
writes
Did you know that there is a place called Lower Kinnell near Ontario,
Canada. A Kinnell village in Angus, Scotland. There's a Kinnell

township
in Rhodesia. But I can't, for the life of me, find a place called "Far
Kinnell"........

If anyone can help on this, it would be much appreciated. :-)

Bizarrely, there's Lower Ramsbottom but the people up the hill objected.

Clint Sharp

Hee Hee !!!

I've visited a village in Peru called kahki Pantis. Came face to face with
a huge wild boar in the jungle, and found out how it got its name. :-)

#
Don't get me started - There's a town in West Java called Sukabumi, I
have no idea whether there are more than average ladyboys there or not

then there's ****t in the Orkneys (the name derives form the gaelic word
for a clearing apparently - strange, I thought that was mexican)

There's a town in Austria called Wank IIRC

I could go on
--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:

I can't see any safe method of access other than scaffolding, which is
likely to blow her budget.

Does the garage have roof tiles that can be removed to allow a ladder to
be put through?

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adrian C wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:

I can't see any safe method of access other than scaffolding, which
is likely to blow her budget.

Does the garage have roof tiles that can be removed to allow a ladder
to be put through?

It does. I'll give that some thought. Cheers.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Customer wants me to paint the outside of her house. No problemo apart from
the wall above the garage.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...izpainting.jpg

Its the area (badly) outlined in yellow.

I can't see any safe method of access other than scaffolding, which is
likely to blow her budget.

Anyone got Spiderman's phone number?

Didn't you used to deal with pressure washers? Surely you got an old
one lying about. Just wait for a windless day.

Messy.
As an 18 yr old I got the job of snowcemming our workshop using a
stirrup pump and bins of snowcem. It *does* go on the walls. Also the
roof, the floor and on anyone passing.