Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Going to paint interior house - suggestions on paint

I am moving into my new house soon, and I will be painting the rooms.

Any suggestions on brands of paints and primer?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 26, 10:20�pm, The dude wrote:
I am moving into my new house soon, and I will be painting the rooms.

Any suggestions on brands of paints and primer?

i like behr semi gloss from home depot. used it on 2 homes, still
looked good after 10 years

semi gloss allows easy clean up
Posted to alt.home.repair

"The dude" wrote in message
news
I am moving into my new house soon, and I will be painting the rooms.

Any suggestions on brands of paints and primer?

Go to a real paint store, not the big box stores and they will assist you
with the proper tools and paint. Don't buy a cheap brush. Get a good one
and it will last you many years and, more importantly, will work better
along the way. Same with roller covers.

Any of the major brands should be OK. Benjamin Moore, Sherwin-Williams,
Pittsburgh, etc. You can either zip through with a plain primer, or have
some of the primer tinted so the finish coat is a bit richer and tiny spots
missed won't show.

Ceiling first, then walls, then trim. That good brush will allow you to do
the cut in freehand too.

A low luster egg shell or satin usually looks best and clean easily. High
gloss looks too commercial.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 26, 9:07 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"The dude" wrote in message

news
I am moving into my new house soon, and I will be painting the rooms.

Any suggestions on brands of paints and primer?

Go to a real paint store, not the big box stores and they will assist you
with the proper tools and paint. Don't buy a cheap brush. Get a good one
and it will last you many years and, more importantly, will work better
along the way. Same with roller covers.

Any of the major brands should be OK. Benjamin Moore, Sherwin-Williams,
Pittsburgh, etc. You can either zip through with a plain primer, or have
some of the primer tinted so the finish coat is a bit richer and tiny spots
missed won't show.

Ceiling first, then walls, then trim. That good brush will allow you to do
the cut in freehand too.

A low luster egg shell or satin usually looks best and clean easily. High
gloss looks too commercial.

Take a look at the March 2008 Consumer Reports on paint.
Some of the favorites changed position, like BM which I used for
years,
moved down in some categories. Nothing drastic, but you might want
to check out that report for the latest on the type of paint -- not
brand --
TYPE of paint you plan to use.

Good luck!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 26, 10:20?pm, The dude wrote:
I am moving into my new house soon, and I will be painting the rooms.

Any suggestions on brands of paints and primer?

i like behr semi gloss from home depot. used it on 2 homes, still
looked good after 10 years

Yep, thats what the designated painter SWMBO here uses. Do a search for
paint reviews. Behr (sold by HD) is coming out #1 recently.

"New house"..are the walls already painted/primed ? If nor BEHR PVA
primer worked well for us too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 27, 5:29�am, "Rudy" wrote:
On Sep 26, 10:20?pm, The dude wrote:

I am moving into my new house soon, and I will be painting the rooms.

Any suggestions on brands of paints and primer?

i like behr semi gloss from home depot. used it on 2 homes, still
looked good after 10 years

Yep, thats what the designated painter SWMBO here uses. �Do a search for
paint reviews. �Behr (sold by HD) is coming out #1 recently.

"New house"..are the walls already painted/primed ? �If nor �BEHR � PVA
primer worked well for us too.

we repainted one home before selling it, paint looked fine, but fresh
paint for sale is necessary

our house here got repainted this summer, because of paint chips and
dings after 10 years. it was hard to paint in places new and old
looked the same.

behr is really good.

light colors make rooms look larger, semi gloss makes for easy clean up
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 21:20:05 -0500, The dude
wrote:

I am moving into my new house soon, and I will be painting the rooms.

Any suggestions on brands of paints and primer?

A good paint job is all about preparation. Read the label carefully.
Use special paint for kitchen and bath. Paint stores will carry the
better brands.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
I am moving into my new house soon, and I will be painting the rooms.

Any suggestions on brands of paints and primer?

A good paint job is all about preparation. �Read the label carefully.
Use special paint for kitchen and bath. �Paint stores will carry the
better brands.

yeah WASH ALL WALLS before hand.

in this case with a new home washing not necessary but clean clean
clean, use tack clothes if necessary to remove dust.

definetely prime first.

with a brand new home you might want a professional painter? the home
has cost so much painting is probably trivial, providing you have the
bucks