Posted to uk.d-i-y
dmc dmc is offline

Default New toolstation website

"Simply log in and you will be able check stock at your local branch.
With Toolstations now popping up throughout the UK, a large number of
our customers are within reach of a reliable sales counter, for which
they can now check items are in stock before setting off to make a
purchase.

Working away from home? We've thought of that too - just go to your
Trolley and a simple drop-down box lets you check that all items are
available at your chosen branch."

\o/

Now, if only screwfix would do the same (maybe they will...)

In the last year or so we have gone from just wickes and homebase to
wickes, homebase, b+q (not a warehouse one mind), toolstation and screwfix
all within a couple of mins of here - dead handy

Darren

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

dmc wrote:
"Simply log in and you will be able check stock at your local branch.
With Toolstations now popping up throughout the UK, a large number of
our customers are within reach of a reliable sales counter, for which
they can now check items are in stock before setting off to make a
purchase.

Working away from home? We've thought of that too - just go to your
Trolley and a simple drop-down box lets you check that all items are
available at your chosen branch."

\o/

Now, if only screwfix would do the same (maybe they will...)

In the last year or so we have gone from just wickes and homebase to
wickes, homebase, b+q (not a warehouse one mind), toolstation and screwfix
all within a couple of mins of here - dead handy

Darren

Totally agreed - it is something every such company should do. Plus the
customer collection option.

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod" wrote in message
dmc wrote:
[...]

Argos started the idea years ago, didn't they? Their website has always the
option to check local branch stock availability. I'm glad it's catching on
with other outlets.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"BigWallop" wrote in message
om...

"Rod" wrote in message
dmc wrote:
[...]

PCworld do the same, except if they have less than three in stock at the
store it tells you its out of stock. 8-0

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Argos started the idea years ago, didn't they? Their website has always
the
option to check local branch stock availability. I'm glad it's catching
on
with other outlets.

PCworld do the same, except if they have less than three in stock at the
store it tells you its out of stock. 8-0

Surely, that's got to be better than them showing as having 2 in stock and
when you get there they haven't got any.
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave wrote:
Argos started the idea years ago, didn't they? Their website has always
the
option to check local branch stock availability. I'm glad it's catching
on
with other outlets.

PCworld do the same, except if they have less than three in stock at the
store it tells you its out of stock. 8-0

Surely, that's got to be better than them showing as having 2 in stock and
when you get there they haven't got any.
Dave.

That's when they give you stock from the returns/defective shelf. ;-)

--
Howard Neil
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave" wrote in message
Argos started the idea years ago, didn't they? Their website has always
the
option to check local branch stock availability. I'm glad it's catching
on
with other outlets.

PCworld do the same, except if they have less than three in stock at the
store it tells you its out of stock. 8-0

Surely, that's got to be better than them showing as having 2 in stock and
when you get there they haven't got any.

Not if you are after something in a hurry.
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Owain" wrote in message
et...
dennis@home wrote:
PCworld do the same, except if they have less than three in stock at the
store it tells you its out of stock. 8-0

They do have to allow for the inability of their staff to stocktake
correctly.

They do it because the stock is on the sales floor and someone might buy it
before they get to pick it.

Toolstation The Medway Handyman UK diy 6 March 15th 06 09:13 PM
TRV from Toolstation Mike UK diy 2 April 22nd 05 07:33 PM