Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default HELP! cloudy water

Hi

I live in Northolt in West London. There's usually no problem with
limescale or anything around here, but in recent weeks the water
coming from the hot tap is cloudy. The drinking water is fine.

Any ideas what might be causing this? Is the source the same for the
drinking water and boiler? If this is too difficult to diagnose, what
should I get a plumber to look at.

Any help you can give me, I'll be eternally grateful for

thanks

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18 Nov, 13:15, "
wrote:
Hi

I live in Northolt in West London. There's usually no problem with
limescale or anything around here, but in recent weeks the water
coming from the hot tap is cloudy. The drinking water is fine.

Any ideas what might be causing this? Is the source the same for the
drinking water and boiler? If this is too difficult to diagnose, what
should I get a plumber to look at.

Any help you can give me, I'll be eternally grateful for

You don't say what type of hot water system you have, combi or stored
HW ...

If it is stored in an indirect hot water tank, the coil inside the
tank could have failed and water from your heating system could be
seeping in.