Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cloudy hot water

The hot water in my kitchen sink is cloudy. Kind of a milky off white.

Also the water pressure for both hot and cold seems to be lower than
when I bought it years ago, but only in the kitchen. But it may have
happened so slowly that I haven't noticed.

But here is what's odd. Other hot faucets aren't cloudy. And they
have higher water pressure than the kitchen.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Thanks for any advice.

Posted to alt.home.repair

stinkeroo wrote:
The hot water in my kitchen sink is cloudy. Kind of a milky off white.

Also the water pressure for both hot and cold seems to be lower than
when I bought it years ago, but only in the kitchen. But it may have
happened so slowly that I haven't noticed.

But here is what's odd. Other hot faucets aren't cloudy. And they
have higher water pressure than the kitchen.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Thanks for any advice.

Oh, also, I should add. It's a 13 year old house, concrete slab.
Someone mentioned to me to clean the screens on the faucet, but they
weren't the problem. I think right now there is no screen on the
faucet head.

Posted to alt.home.repair

stinkeroo wrote:
stinkeroo wrote:

The hot water in my kitchen sink is cloudy. Kind of a milky off white.

Also the water pressure for both hot and cold seems to be lower than
when I bought it years ago, but only in the kitchen. But it may have
happened so slowly that I haven't noticed.

But here is what's odd. Other hot faucets aren't cloudy. And they
have higher water pressure than the kitchen.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Thanks for any advice.

Oh, also, I should add. It's a 13 year old house, concrete slab.
Someone mentioned to me to clean the screens on the faucet, but they
weren't the problem. I think right now there is no screen on the
faucet head.

Hi,
Flush the hot water tank. Like you flush car radiator?
Posted to alt.home.repair

nope, doesn't

shadknight99u421961

Games that I like to play (or another tagline)

Posted to alt.home.repair

when i searched your title i found:
http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...ing=d& hl=en&
which revealed postings including:
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.c...a1bb8c69c28c8e

stinkeroo wrote:
The hot water in my kitchen sink is cloudy. Kind of a milky off white.

Also the water pressure for both hot and cold seems to be lower than
when I bought it years ago, but only in the kitchen. But it may have
happened so slowly that I haven't noticed.

But here is what's odd. Other hot faucets aren't cloudy. And they
have higher water pressure than the kitchen.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Thanks for any advice.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article . com, on 1
Dec 2006 21:48:53 -0800, stinkeroo wrote:

The hot water in my kitchen sink is cloudy. Kind of a milky off white.

Also the water pressure for both hot and cold seems to be lower than
when I bought it years ago, but only in the kitchen. But it may have
happened so slowly that I haven't noticed.

But here is what's odd. Other hot faucets aren't cloudy. And they
have higher water pressure than the kitchen.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Thanks for any advice.

If you fill a glass with this hot water, and let it stand for a few
minutes, does the water clear, or does it stay cloudy?

--
Seth Goodman
Posted to alt.home.repair

Seth Goodman wrote:
In article . com, on
1 Dec 2006 21:48:53 -0800, stinkeroo wrote:

The hot water in my kitchen sink is cloudy. Kind of a milky off
white.

Also the water pressure for both hot and cold seems to be lower than
when I bought it years ago, but only in the kitchen. But it may have
happened so slowly that I haven't noticed.

But here is what's odd. Other hot faucets aren't cloudy. And they
have higher water pressure than the kitchen.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Thanks for any advice.

If you fill a glass with this hot water, and let it stand for a few
minutes, does the water clear, or does it stay cloudy?

I believe that Seth is likely correct here. Did your area just get hit
with cold weather a few days before this started?

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

stinkeroo wrote:
The hot water in my kitchen sink is cloudy. Kind of a milky off white.

Also the water pressure for both hot and cold seems to be lower than
when I bought it years ago, but only in the kitchen. But it may have
happened so slowly that I haven't noticed.

But here is what's odd. Other hot faucets aren't cloudy. And they
have higher water pressure than the kitchen.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Thanks for any advice.

[Furious03 u563550]

Games I like to play!

Posted to alt.home.repair

stinkeroo wrote:
The hot water in my kitchen sink is cloudy. Kind of a milky off white.

Also the water pressure for both hot and cold seems to be lower than
when I bought it years ago, but only in the kitchen. But it may have
happened so slowly that I haven't noticed.

But here is what's odd. Other hot faucets aren't cloudy. And they
have higher water pressure than the kitchen.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Thanks for any advice.

Fill a clear glass with the cloudy hot water and
let it sit. Does the water become clear? Yes?
There's your answer. The cloudiness is due to air
in the water. Now your job is to just forget it,
or find out how the air got in the water.
Posted to alt.home.repair

George E. Cawthon wrote:
stinkeroo wrote:
The hot water in my kitchen sink is cloudy. Kind of a milky off white.

Also the water pressure for both hot and cold seems to be lower than
when I bought it years ago, but only in the kitchen. But it may have
happened so slowly that I haven't noticed.

But here is what's odd. Other hot faucets aren't cloudy. And they
have higher water pressure than the kitchen.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Thanks for any advice.

Fill a clear glass with the cloudy hot water and
let it sit. Does the water become clear? Yes?
There's your answer. The cloudiness is due to air
in the water. Now your job is to just forget it,
or find out how the air got in the water.

Yes it becomes clear.

Thanks for help. I read that it is due to "air in water". Where that
air would come from, I don't know. Why is it only in that faucet? Is
that ominous?

It's really bad in that faucet. But only that faucet.

Posted to alt.home.repair

make sure from the test of waiting for the air in the water to "clear"
that nothing gathers at the bottom, since it could be one pipe right
before that one faucet to the heat

now, if it is just air, don't worry, there are faucets that are made
with aerators, made to basically save the consumption of water

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article om, "stinkeroo" wrote:

Thanks for help. I read that it is due to "air in water". Where that
air would come from, I don't know. Why is it only in that faucet? Is
that ominous?

It's really bad in that faucet. But only that faucet.

Air bubbles per se are not very ominous. It may be an
intentional feature of that faucet in fact.

However, temperature changes can also cause effects
like this. So you might want to check that no part of
the pipework serving this faucet is exposed to the
elements such that there's a risk of the pipe freezing
and bursting.

I suppose lost/missing insulation could cause such an
effect too.

| Gary Player. |

http://www.malch.com/ Shpx gur PQN. |
Posted to alt.home.repair

krw wrote:
In article om,
says...

George E. Cawthon wrote:
stinkeroo wrote:
[...]

Is there an aerator on that faucet?

--
Keith

Thanks for your help.

No, I don't think there is. That would be in the faucet head, right?
I took that out to clean it and it wasn't really dirty anyway. So I
left it off.

Another thing that is odd is that the "power nozzle" that is that
little gun like thing off to the side that you lift up off of the sink
(it has it's own 'extension cord' type of thing) to do whatever
with....well that thing has no power whatsoever....the water used to
kind of drizzle out of it, now it is almost completely blocked. Just a
drip.

Posted to alt.home.repair

stinkeroo wrote:
Another thing that is odd is that the "power nozzle" that is that
little gun like thing off to the side that you lift up off of the sink
(it has it's own 'extension cord' type of thing) to do whatever
with....well that thing has no power whatsoever....the water used to
kind of drizzle out of it, now it is almost completely blocked. Just
a drip.

That is likely just a diverter valve problem, easy and cheap to replace.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

That is likely just a diverter valve problem, easy and cheap to replace.

i agree on that

Posted to alt.home.repair

Joseph Meehan wrote:
stinkeroo wrote:
..
Another thing that is odd is that the "power nozzle" that is that
little gun like thing off to the side that you lift up off of the sink
(it has it's own 'extension cord' type of thing) to do whatever
with....well that thing has no power whatsoever....the water used to
kind of drizzle out of it, now it is almost completely blocked. Just
a drip.

That is likely just a diverter valve problem, easy and cheap to replace.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Thanks. Do you think low water pressure could be a sign of something
that is also easy to fix? Or is it ominous. The water pressure there
is much less than the bathroom sink, or the laundry sink. Maybe 1/3 as
much...I can't figure out why that would be. I'm pretty sure it was
stronger in the past and slowly became weak.

Posted to alt.home.repair

stinkeroo wrote:

Thanks. Do you think low water pressure could be a sign of something
that is also easy to fix? Or is it ominous. The water pressure there
is much less than the bathroom sink, or the laundry sink. Maybe 1/3
as much...I can't figure out why that would be. I'm pretty sure it
was stronger in the past and slowly became weak.

That is typical of a build up somewhere. Often it is a filter or
strainer. I don't recall seeing any such strainers or filters on a laundry
sink, but it is possible. What kind of valves does it have. If they are
the older washer type, it could just mean you need to replace the washers.
Hot water is usually the first to go. That is cheap and easy.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Which type filter should we use for silt and cloudy water? Rockin' Realtor Home Repair 5 November 2nd 06 03:08 AM
Choosing a HOT WATER RECIRCULATOR for QUICK HOT WATER DELIVERY or for HOT WATER ON D'MAND is now a whole lot easier. [email protected] Home Repair 22 June 7th 06 01:09 AM
cloudy water [email protected] UK diy 3 August 1st 05 03:52 PM
Convert gas hot water heater into hot water heating system? kelvin_cool_ohm Home Ownership 1 June 6th 05 02:31 PM