Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tumble dryer ontop of washing machine - where to get the fittingso they sit properly?

Hi

Going to rearrange the utility room since I have to relay the floor. I
have a indesit washing machine and plan to get a indesit tumble dryer
and hopefully put the tumbledryer on top of washing machine. This will
save me some space.

I have googled it but cannot find what the fitting is called so the
tumbledryer fits snugly on top of the washing machine.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Scott
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 12:59:51 +0000, Scott
wrote:

Hi

Going to rearrange the utility room since I have to relay the floor. I
have a indesit washing machine and plan to get a indesit tumble dryer
and hopefully put the tumbledryer on top of washing machine. This will
save me some space.

I have googled it but cannot find what the fitting is called so the
tumbledryer fits snugly on top of the washing machine.

Can anyone help?

Stacking kit.

Usually made to stack a current model dryer on top of a current model
washing machine from the same manufacturer.

derek

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Scott" wrote in message
Hi

Going to rearrange the utility room since I have to relay the floor. I
have a indesit washing machine and plan to get a indesit tumble dryer
and hopefully put the tumbledryer on top of washing machine. This will
save me some space.

I have googled it but cannot find what the fitting is called so the
tumbledryer fits snugly on top of the washing machine.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Scott

Appliance Stacking Kit. But they can be expensive depending on the make and
model you buy them for. Three lengths of thin plywood and a couple of joint
pieces to fix them together, is all you need to hold the dryer on top of the
washing machine. It's just something to stop the vibration shaking the
dryer off the top. Anything to hold the two appliances together is easily
made with little bits and bobs of stuff lying around the house.

Things like nobbly car mats, that holds the dryer feet / wheels in place on
top of the washing machine, can be enough to stop them parting ways.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

BigWallop wrote:
"Scott" wrote in message
Hi

Going to rearrange the utility room since I have to relay the floor.
I have a indesit washing machine and plan to get a indesit tumble
dryer and hopefully put the tumbledryer on top of washing machine.
This will save me some space.

I have googled it but cannot find what the fitting is called so the
tumbledryer fits snugly on top of the washing machine.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Scott

Appliance Stacking Kit. But they can be expensive depending on the
make and model you buy them for.

They can indeed. I got an agricultural engineer mate to weld me up a couple
of angle iron brackets, painted them white & fixed them to the wall. A few
self tappers fixed from underneath & Robert is your fathers brother.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
om...
BigWallop wrote:
"Scott" wrote in message
[...]

That is enough to stop the machines parting when they are working. I've
looked at those stacking kits for Bendix and AEG appliances, and it was like
the price we paid for the machines all over again. Now the machines have
Neoprene washers under the wheels / feet and they stay put without any
problems.

The total cost was 4 pounds and 50 pence for 4 thick neoprene car shock
absorber washers from a scrap yard. The dryer sits nicely in the big
washers and doesn't slide anywhere, even with both machines going at the
same time. And they don't mark the top of the washing machine.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 12:59:51 +0000, Scott wrote:

I have googled it but cannot find what the fitting is called so the
tumbledryer fits snugly on top of the washing machine.

A shelf?

:-)

--
John Stumbles

What do you mean, talking about it isn't oral sex?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Hi

Going to rearrange the utility room since I have to relay the floor.
I have a indesit washing machine and plan to get a indesit tumble
dryer and hopefully put the tumbledryer on top of washing machine.
This will save me some space.

I have googled it but cannot find what the fitting is called so the
tumbledryer fits snugly on top of the washing machine.

Can anyone help?

Stacking kit.

Usually made to stack a current model dryer on top of a current model
washing machine from the same manufacturer.

derek

Yes indeed. We bought one for our Zanussi appliances getting on for 20 years
ago. There were very few bits in our kit - mainly some nylon slotted things
which replaced the feet of the dryer and fitted on top of the washing
machine once the original top had been removed.

That reminds me - when we do our new kitchen and make the existing kitchen
into a utility room, the machines will sit side by side rather than one on
top of the other - so we will need to put them back to standard. I haven't
got a clue what I did with the original feet and top!!
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In uk.d-i-y, Scott wrote:
Hi

Going to rearrange the utility room since I have to relay the floor. I
have a indesit washing machine and plan to get a indesit tumble dryer
and hopefully put the tumbledryer on top of washing machine. This will
save me some space.

I have googled it but cannot find what the fitting is called so the
tumbledryer fits snugly on top of the washing machine.

Can anyone help?

Stacking kit.

I had one of those for years but found the combined unit rather
cumbersome and wobbly on the suspended floor. I recently went back to a
shelf and much prefer it that way - the shelf is also useful for
detergent bottles etc. All it took was a batten on the wall, an offcut
of worktop, and a couple of wardrobe rails to support the front.

The stacking kit had a roll-out shelf, which for me makes loading and
unloading the drier easier. It's easy to make one with a couple of
drawer runners under the worktop.

--
Mike Barnes
Posted to uk.d-i-y

BigWallop wrote:

"Scott" wrote in message
[...]

Crosslee make many of the UK tumble driers (350 an hour according to
their website) and do a universal stacking kit for the not so expesive
price of £21.54 inc VAT and postage. I have one and it's great, it's
fitted both of the different washing machines which it's been asked to
sit on.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mike Barnes" wrote in message
In uk.d-i-y, Scott wrote:
Hi

Going to rearrange the utility room since I have to relay the floor. I
have a indesit washing machine and plan to get a indesit tumble dryer
and hopefully put the tumbledryer on top of washing machine. This will
save me some space.

I have googled it but cannot find what the fitting is called so the
tumbledryer fits snugly on top of the washing machine.

Can anyone help?

FWIW I just sat the tumble dryer on top of the washing maching & never had a
problem. The washing machine was sat on a solid, quarry tile floor though.
The only 'problem' was that there was a gap between the two in which dirt
could collect. Tumble dryers are light enough that it can be tipped
backwards to allow a wipe with a cloth, though.

I looked at stacking kits, but decided that the amount they cost just wasn't
worth it for a plastic tray.

Cheers,
Dom.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Poppa
writes

"Mike Barnes" wrote in message
d...
In uk.d-i-y, Scott wrote:
Hi

Going to rearrange the utility room since I have to relay the floor. I
have a indesit washing machine and plan to get a indesit tumble dryer
and hopefully put the tumbledryer on top of washing machine. This will
save me some space.

I have googled it but cannot find what the fitting is called so the
tumbledryer fits snugly on top of the washing machine.

Can anyone help?

FWIW I just sat the tumble dryer on top of the washing maching & never had a
problem. The washing machine was sat on a solid, quarry tile floor though.

Same here, the tumble drier has been sat on top of two different washing
machines quite happily.But yes, it does require a washing machine that
doesn't move/wobble. The floor is solid, and the Bosch washing machine
is very stable on the spin cycle

--
Chris French