Posted to uk.d-i-y
Calvin Calvin is offline

Default Tumble dryer ontop of washing machine - where to get the fittingso they sit properly?

BigWallop wrote:

"Scott" wrote in message
Hi

Going to rearrange the utility room since I have to relay the floor. I
have a indesit washing machine and plan to get a indesit tumble dryer
and hopefully put the tumbledryer on top of washing machine. This will
save me some space.

I have googled it but cannot find what the fitting is called so the
tumbledryer fits snugly on top of the washing machine.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Scott

Appliance Stacking Kit. But they can be expensive depending on the make and
model you buy them for. Three lengths of thin plywood and a couple of joint
pieces to fix them together, is all you need to hold the dryer on top of the
washing machine. It's just something to stop the vibration shaking the
dryer off the top. Anything to hold the two appliances together is easily
made with little bits and bobs of stuff lying around the house.

Things like nobbly car mats, that holds the dryer feet / wheels in place on
top of the washing machine, can be enough to stop them parting ways.

Crosslee make many of the UK tumble driers (350 an hour according to
their website) and do a universal stacking kit for the not so expesive
price of £21.54 inc VAT and postage. I have one and it's great, it's
fitted both of the different washing machines which it's been asked to
sit on.