Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Speedfit fittings and DHW and CH

Hi,

Are Speedfit fittings OK to join copper pipe in the hot water and
central heating system in a house? Nearest fitting would be about 10
feet from the boiler. Someone said to me that the heat might affect
them.

TIA
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ZeitGeist wrote:
Hi,

Are Speedfit fittings OK to join copper pipe in the hot water and
central heating system in a house? Nearest fitting would be about 10
feet from the boiler. Someone said to me that the heat might affect
them.

TIA

It's fine.
The plastic speedfit fittings are used for complete systems

--
Phil L
RSRL Tipster Of The Year 2008

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ZeitGeist wrote:
Hi,

Are Speedfit fittings OK to join copper pipe in the hot water and
central heating system in a house? Nearest fitting would be about 10
feet from the boiler. Someone said to me that the heat might affect
them.

Some boiler makers warn about using plastic fittings within a metre of
the boiler. However anywhere else is fine for copper or plastic. Note
that cuprofit can only be used on copper.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:

ZeitGeist wrote:
Hi,

Are Speedfit fittings OK to join copper pipe in the hot water and
central heating system in a house? Nearest fitting would be about 10
feet from the boiler. Someone said to me that the heat might affect
them.

Some boiler makers warn about using plastic fittings within a metre of
the boiler. However anywhere else is fine for copper or plastic. Note
that cuprofit can only be used on copper.

--
Cheers,

John.

The JG speedfit site has a very useful technical artical describing
how to use and where to use speedfit. It's not hard to find, is good
bedtime reading and consists of information rather than opinions.
However if it's an opinion you're after here's mine: It'll be fine.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ZeitGeist" wrote in message
Hi,

Are Speedfit fittings OK to join copper pipe in the hot water and
central heating system in a house? Nearest fitting would be about 10
feet from the boiler. Someone said to me that the heat might affect
them.

Avoid pushfit fittings. The plastic pipe is OK. Use quality brass
compression joints instead.

JG Speedfit Slider UK diy 13 June 4th 08 09:30 AM
Speedfit fittings - how close to hot water cylinder? Francis[_2_] UK diy 5 November 27th 07 07:19 PM
Cupro-fit or Speedfit? Matthew UK diy 39 December 5th 06 07:01 PM
Brass Compression Fittings,Fittings for Pex-Al-Pex good price valvetom Home Repair 1 November 27th 06 06:20 PM
Speedfit technique Arthur UK diy 615 November 23rd 04 11:50 PM