DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Speedfit fittings and DHW and CH (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/264519-speedfit-fittings-dhw-ch.html)

ZeitGeist November 10th 08 10:20 PM

Speedfit fittings and DHW and CH

Hi,

Are Speedfit fittings OK to join copper pipe in the hot water and
central heating system in a house? Nearest fitting would be about 10
feet from the boiler. Someone said to me that the heat might affect
them.

TIA

Phil L November 10th 08 10:22 PM

ZeitGeist wrote:
Hi,

Are Speedfit fittings OK to join copper pipe in the hot water and
central heating system in a house? Nearest fitting would be about 10
feet from the boiler. Someone said to me that the heat might affect
them.

TIA

It's fine.
The plastic speedfit fittings are used for complete systems

--
Phil L
RSRL Tipster Of The Year 2008

John Rumm November 10th 08 11:23 PM

ZeitGeist wrote:
Hi,

Are Speedfit fittings OK to join copper pipe in the hot water and
central heating system in a house? Nearest fitting would be about 10
feet from the boiler. Someone said to me that the heat might affect
them.

Some boiler makers warn about using plastic fittings within a metre of
the boiler. However anywhere else is fine for copper or plastic. Note
that cuprofit can only be used on copper.

--
Cheers,

John.

Calvin November 11th 08 07:58 AM

John Rumm wrote:

ZeitGeist wrote:
Hi,

Are Speedfit fittings OK to join copper pipe in the hot water and
central heating system in a house? Nearest fitting would be about 10
feet from the boiler. Someone said to me that the heat might affect
them.

Some boiler makers warn about using plastic fittings within a metre of
the boiler. However anywhere else is fine for copper or plastic. Note
that cuprofit can only be used on copper.

--
Cheers,

John.

The JG speedfit site has a very useful technical artical describing
how to use and where to use speedfit. It's not hard to find, is good
bedtime reading and consists of information rather than opinions.
However if it's an opinion you're after here's mine: It'll be fine.

Doctor Drivel[_2_] November 11th 08 09:29 AM

"ZeitGeist" wrote in message
Hi,

Are Speedfit fittings OK to join copper pipe in the hot water and
central heating system in a house? Nearest fitting would be about 10
feet from the boiler. Someone said to me that the heat might affect
them.

Avoid pushfit fittings. The plastic pipe is OK. Use quality brass
compression joints instead.