Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default OT (very) Mushroom Identification

Found these mushrooms at a branch of uk.d-i-y's second favourite German
discount supermarket, Lidl. Can anyone identify them?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/polyurethane/3019321452/

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod wrote:
Found these mushrooms at a branch of uk.d-i-y's second favourite German
discount supermarket, Lidl. Can anyone identify them?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/polyurethane/3019321452/

Marzipan?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 13:32:05 +0000, Rod
wrote:

Found these mushrooms at a branch of uk.d-i-y's second favourite German
discount supermarket, Lidl. Can anyone identify them?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/polyurethane/3019321452/

Have a plow through this site .
http://www.rogersmushrooms.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod wrote:
Found these mushrooms at a branch of uk.d-i-y's second favourite
German discount supermarket, Lidl. Can anyone identify them?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/polyurethane/3019321452/

Agaricus Pikeyabilis?

Si

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod" wrote in message
Found these mushrooms at a branch of uk.d-i-y's second favourite German
discount supermarket, Lidl. Can anyone identify them?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/polyurethane/3019321452/

Rod

Closed Cap Button?

Old?

Baby?

Wee Ones?

Nah, I give in. :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"S Viemeister" wrote in message
Rod wrote:
Found these mushrooms at a branch of uk.d-i-y's second favourite German
discount supermarket, Lidl. Can anyone identify them?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/polyurethane/3019321452/

Marzipan?

Nah, obviously lidl baby-waby mushrooms )

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod wrote:
Found these mushrooms at a branch of uk.d-i-y's second favourite German
discount supermarket, Lidl. Can anyone identify them?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/polyurethane/3019321452/

Mutant mushrooms.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod wrote:
Found these mushrooms at a branch of uk.d-i-y's second favourite German
discount supermarket, Lidl. Can anyone identify them?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/polyurethane/3019321452/

Marzipan?

Nah, obviously lidl baby-waby mushrooms )

Don't you mean mushwooms ? :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod wrote:
Found these mushrooms at a branch of uk.d-i-y's second favourite German
discount supermarket, Lidl. Can anyone identify them?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/polyurethane/3019321452/

If they are in fact mushrooms, they are bo]g standard agarics. Just very
newly picked.

I think the normal cultivar is agaricus bitorquis, or agaricus bisporus
but I am not sure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agaricus_bisporus

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod wrote:
Found these mushrooms at a branch of uk.d-i-y's second favourite

German
discount supermarket, Lidl. Can anyone identify them?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/polyurethane/3019321452/

Marzipan?

Nah, obviously lidl baby-waby mushrooms )

Don't you mean mushwooms ? :-)

Our youngest used to call them Murshooms. :-) That and bicksits. lol

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

wrote:

Found these mushrooms at a branch of uk.d-i-y's second favourite German
discount supermarket, Lidl. Can anyone identify them?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/polyurethane/3019321452/

Have a plow through this site .
http://www.rogersmushrooms.com/

Got the books - old and new editions! But there are indeed lots and lots
there, I do agree.

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Rod wrote:
Found these mushrooms at a branch of uk.d-i-y's second favourite

German
discount supermarket, Lidl. Can anyone identify them?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/polyurethane/3019321452/

Marzipan?
Nah, obviously lidl baby-waby mushrooms )

Don't you mean mushwooms ? :-)

Our youngest used to call them Murshooms. :-) That and bicksits. lol

Very good.

Forgot to mention the bag they came in, Favorina Iced Gingerbread
Selection. Or I'd call them Lebkuchen. :-)

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod" wrote in message

Rod wrote:
Found these mushrooms at a branch of uk.d-i-y's second favourite

German
discount supermarket, Lidl. Can anyone identify them?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/polyurethane/3019321452/

Marzipan?
Nah, obviously lidl baby-waby mushrooms )
Don't you mean mushwooms ? :-)

Our youngest used to call them Murshooms. :-) That and bicksits. lol

Very good.

Forgot to mention the bag they came in, Favorina Iced Gingerbread
Selection. Or I'd call them Lebkuchen. :-)

Rod

Ahhhhh????? Iced Gingerbread with mushrooms in? So they are sweets
mimicking mushrooms, not real mushrooms at all?

You posed us a trick question. :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

BigWallop wrote:
"Rod" wrote in message

Rod wrote:
Found these mushrooms at a branch of uk.d-i-y's second favourite
German
discount supermarket, Lidl. Can anyone identify them?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/polyurethane/3019321452/

Marzipan?
Nah, obviously lidl baby-waby mushrooms )
Don't you mean mushwooms ? :-)

Our youngest used to call them Murshooms. :-) That and bicksits. lol

Very good.

Forgot to mention the bag they came in, Favorina Iced Gingerbread
Selection. Or I'd call them Lebkuchen. :-)

Rod

Ahhhhh????? Iced Gingerbread with mushrooms in? So they are sweets
mimicking mushrooms, not real mushrooms at all?

You posed us a trick question. :-)

Indeed I did! Made me laugh when I found them - especially as a regular
mushroom snapper.

They are actually quite nice - but the ones I have made myself are much
spicier and a bit stickier. Mmmmm.

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod" wrote in message
BigWallop wrote:
"Rod" wrote in message

Rod wrote:
[...]

Mmmmmmm!!!! Lebkuchen !!! I love the stuff. With a bit of liqourice
stick and a gingerbread finger. God, that brings back memories. :-)

Cheeky bugger. lol

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod wrote:
BigWallop wrote:
"Rod" wrote in message

Rod wrote:
Found these mushrooms at a branch of uk.d-i-y's second
favourite German discount supermarket, Lidl. Can anyone
identify them?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/polyurethane/3019321452/

Marzipan?
Nah, obviously lidl baby-waby mushrooms )
Don't you mean mushwooms ? :-)

Our youngest used to call them Murshooms. :-) That and
bicksits. lol
Very good.

Forgot to mention the bag they came in, Favorina Iced Gingerbread
Selection. Or I'd call them Lebkuchen. :-)

Rod

Ahhhhh????? Iced Gingerbread with mushrooms in? So they are sweets
mimicking mushrooms, not real mushrooms at all?

You posed us a trick question. :-)

Indeed I did! Made me laugh when I found them - especially as a
regular mushroom snapper.

You're such a fungi :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot wrote:
Rod wrote:
Found these mushrooms at a branch of uk.d-i-y's second favourite
German discount supermarket, Lidl. Can anyone identify them?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/polyurethane/3019321452/

Agaricus Pikeyabilis?

Si

I liked that. :-)

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Rod
writes
Found these mushrooms at a branch of uk.d-i-y's second favourite German
discount supermarket, Lidl. Can anyone identify them?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/polyurethane/3019321452/

Kuhlshrankus Magneticus ?

--
geoff