Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mushroom in bathroom

My wife discovered a mushroom in the bathroom yesterday.

We have a two-story colonial in a fairly most part of the country.

The mushroom was growing out of the corner formed by the floor, the
bathtub, and the wall. It wasn't too big, but it's still worrisome.

Does it necessarily indicate that we have a huge problem on our hands?

Anyone suggest what type of contractor to hire to look into mold/
fungus problems?

TIA
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 17, 8:23*am, wrote:
My wife discovered a mushroom in the bathroom yesterday.

We have a two-story colonial in a fairly most part of the country.

The mushroom was growing out of the corner formed by the floor, the
bathtub, and the wall. *It wasn't too big, but it's still worrisome.

Does it necessarily indicate that we have a huge problem on our hands?

Anyone suggest what type of contractor to hire to look into mold/
fungus problems?

TIA

It means excessive moisture, mold and rotted wood to feed the plant.
Start by opening the area and pouring in laundry bleach to kill what
is rotting the wood under the tub.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 17, 7:23*am, wrote:
My wife discovered a mushroom in the bathroom yesterday.

We have a two-story colonial in a fairly most part of the country.

The mushroom was growing out of the corner formed by the floor, the
bathtub, and the wall. *It wasn't too big, but it's still worrisome.

Does it necessarily indicate that we have a huge problem on our hands?

Anyone suggest what type of contractor to hire to look into mold/
fungus problems?

TIA

You could try something like this.
http://www.homemade-soup-recipes.com...up-recipe.html
Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

On Oct 17, 9:23*am, wrote:
My wife discovered a mushroom in the bathroom yesterday.

We have a two-story colonial in a fairly most part of the country.

The mushroom was growing out of the corner formed by the floor, the
bathtub, and the wall. *It wasn't too big, but it's still worrisome.

Does it necessarily indicate that we have a huge problem on our hands?

Anyone suggest what type of contractor to hire to look into mold/
fungus problems?

TIA

Sounds like you have too much humidity/moisture in there.

- make sure that you don't have any plumbing or roof leaks.
- if your pipes tend to "sweat" put foam insulation over them.
- if you have an exhaust fan in the bathroom, get a timer switch for
it so that it can run for 1/2 hour or so after you take a hot shower.
If you don't have an exhaust fan, install one, and use it every time
you shower.

those are the obvious ones off the top of my head...

nate
Posted to alt.home.repair

You are the contractor.
Mold can form when the humidity is 55% or more.
The spot you describe just might be where your
shower curtain rests?
Is it on the side where the faucets are? Likely a leak nearby.

Air conditioned air is generally a lot lower humidity, you
have a situation, hidden, that is providing a localized condition
of high humidity.