Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Screwfix Rads

I was sure that Screwfix did rads longer than 1200 but other than the
300mm ones which can be got up to 1400 I can only see 1200 as being
the longest .
Can anyone suggest an alternative source for rads with a comparable
price?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
I was sure that Screwfix did rads longer than 1200 but other than the
300mm ones which can be got up to 1400 I can only see 1200 as being
the longest .
Can anyone suggest an alternative source for rads with a comparable
price?

We got a good supplier through these people
http://www.discountedheating.co.uk They have been around for a few years
now, and have some good deals. Worth a try, eh.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I was sure that Screwfix did rads longer than 1200 but other than the
300mm ones which can be got up to 1400 I can only see 1200 as being
the longest .
Can anyone suggest an alternative source for rads with a comparable
price?

You know, I quoted this morning for a 1500x600 rad. I expected them to
be in the Screwfix book, but as you say, they only go up to 1200.
These look to be around the cheapest from a quick Gooogle:
http://www.onlineheating.co.uk/stelr...igh-radiator/i
ndex2.html

Though I'd think my local (large) Plumbers Merchant (Pochins in
Leicester) would be cheaper.
Alan.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 13:17:47 +0000, NOSPAMnet wrote:

I was sure that Screwfix did rads longer than 1200 but other than the
300mm ones which can be got up to 1400 I can only see 1200 as being
the longest .
Can anyone suggest an alternative source for rads with a comparable
price?

Toolstation?

--
John Stumbles

militant pacifist

Posted to uk.d-i-y

We got a good supplier through these people
http://www.discountedheating.co.uk They have been around for a few years
now, and have some good deals. Worth a try, eh.

Currently looking for radiators too and I can confirm, this outfit appears
to be cheapest I've found for the wider sizes. Places like Screwfix and B&Q
do offer much cheaper radiators at smaller sizes but as the original poster
found out, they don't do the big ones.

Cheers, Rob.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://www.onlineheating.co.uk/stelr...igh-radiator/i
ndex2.html

Their website is a bit weird. Tried to look at Gerkros 500mm High Double
Convector Radiators and it listed everything except radiators!

Though I'd think my local (large) Plumbers Merchant (Pochins in
Leicester) would be cheaper.

I'm going to see what price the plumber can get before comitting.

Rob.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I was sure that Screwfix did rads longer than 1200 but other than the
300mm ones which can be got up to 1400 I can only see 1200 as being
the longest .
Can anyone suggest an alternative source for rads with a comparable
price?

Been there, done that and the answer is "No"... as another posted
http://www.discountedheating.co.uk is the best I've found and they are ~20%
more expensive than ScrewFix & B&Q. But these guys shift big bulk and
probably get excellent discounts.

eBay is even worse!!

Cheers, Rob.

Look, no rads [email protected] UK diy 31 February 8th 07 03:54 PM
Less than 50% rads should have TRV's ??? [email protected] UK diy 37 December 12th 06 01:35 PM
New Rads [email protected] UK diy 2 August 10th 05 08:56 PM
New rads help? Matthew UK diy 3 April 15th 05 09:02 PM
Screwfix Rads. Any good? Roger UK diy 7 February 14th 05 07:54 AM