Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Screwfix Rads

in article ,
writes:
I was sure that Screwfix did rads longer than 1200 but other than the
300mm ones which can be got up to 1400 I can only see 1200 as being
the longest .
Can anyone suggest an alternative source for rads with a comparable
price?

Any plumbers merchant.
I bought mine from a small merchant who didn't have room to
hold any stock, and since they ordered direct from the
manufacturer, you could have any size the manufacturer did
next day (or same day if you ordered before 8am). You could
have any other size made up in about a week. I ordered some
triple panel ones with bottom entry connectors (didn't want
valves and pipework visible on the sides). I thought they
would be special order, but they are standard items at the
manufacturers and were delivered next day.

Places like screwfix tend to pick a limited number of sizes
to stock, far fewer than the manufacturers routinely make.

--
Andrew Gabriel