Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default plain picture rail

Anyone know where I can get some "plain" picture rail from - i.e. not
ogee, nova scotia (!) or whatever else the various profiles are
called. I have to match existing, which is more or less triangular
section with a flattened section near the top. They all seem to be
about the right size, but I cannot find any without a moulding on it !
If not, I'll have to fill in the moulding with papier mache'.
Thanks,
Simon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"sm_jamieson" wrote in message
Anyone know where I can get some "plain" picture rail from - i.e. not
ogee, nova scotia (!) or whatever else the various profiles are
called. I have to match existing, which is more or less triangular
section with a flattened section near the top. They all seem to be
about the right size, but I cannot find any without a moulding on it !
If not, I'll have to fill in the moulding with papier mache'.
Thanks,
Simon.

Guess what! routers were made for this type of work.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"sm_jamieson" wrote in message
Anyone know where I can get some "plain" picture rail from - i.e. not
ogee, nova scotia (!) or whatever else the various profiles are
called. I have to match existing, which is more or less triangular
section with a flattened section near the top. They all seem to be
about the right size, but I cannot find any without a moulding on it !
If not, I'll have to fill in the moulding with papier mache'.
Thanks,
Simon.

Take a sample to a wood shop with a spindle cutter and get as much as you'll
ever need made (the setting up is expensive and it's then cheap per metre)

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:
"sm_jamieson" wrote in message
Anyone know where I can get some "plain" picture rail from - i.e. not
ogee, nova scotia (!) or whatever else the various profiles are
called. I have to match existing, which is more or less triangular
section with a flattened section near the top. They all seem to be
about the right size, but I cannot find any without a moulding on it !
If not, I'll have to fill in the moulding with papier mache'.
Thanks,
Simon.

Guess what! routers were made for this type of work.

Guess what, I bet you've never tried it
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"stuart noble" wrote in message
George wrote:
"sm_jamieson" wrote in message
Anyone know where I can get some "plain" picture rail from - i.e. not
ogee, nova scotia (!) or whatever else the various profiles are
called. I have to match existing, which is more or less triangular
section with a flattened section near the top. They all seem to be
about the right size, but I cannot find any without a moulding on it !
If not, I'll have to fill in the moulding with papier mache'.
Thanks,
Simon.

Guess what! routers were made for this type of work.

Guess what, I bet you've never tried it

Guess what I have. :-P I have made all manner of picture
rail/dado/architrave for people who were willing to pay.

Some time ago someone asked me to make them some architrave, I looked in B&Q
at the door victorian architrave prices somewhere around £22/24.
I charged them £15 a door and they wanted picture rail to match at £12 per
2mtrs. :-) that'll do nicely

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"George" wrote in message

Guess what I have. :-P I have made all manner of picture
rail/dado/architrave for people who were willing to pay.

Some time ago someone asked me to make them some architrave, I looked in
B&Q at the door victorian architrave prices somewhere around £22/24.
I charged them £15 a door and they wanted picture rail to match at £12 per
2mtrs. :-) that'll do nicely

Cutters were bought from this seller.
http://tinyurl.com/6kekng

Posted to uk.d-i-y

sm_jamieson wrote:
Anyone know where I can get some "plain" picture rail from - i.e. not
ogee, nova scotia (!) or whatever else the various profiles are
called. I have to match existing, which is more or less triangular
section with a flattened section near the top. They all seem to be

Could you not cut this on a table saw? Possibly even a hand held
circular saw.

--
Cheers,

John.