Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Argos multitool

I went in the other day to buy the WorX sonic tool thing - like the Fein
Multimaster or the Bosch PMF-180. I was expecting £69.99 but it's in the
sale at £55ish *and* I got a £5 gift card thrown in.. can't say fairer
than that, can you?

Anyway, the job that I needed a new tool for was widening the cooker slot
in the kitchen to fit a 60cm cooker instead of a 55cm one - luckily the
kitchen was planned with spacers that could be removed to allow this, so
I just had to trim the worktop back as well.

I used a router and jigsaw to trim it back as far as possible, then the
straight blade on my new gadget easily and very neatly cut all the way to
the wall. Incredibly easy to control it. I even cut the laminate with the
half-round blade to get a clean edge, and just following a pencil line
freehand was trivial and dead straight.

So, if you're looking for Xmas ideas, start mentioning it now! It comes
in a solid blow moulded case with the straight and half-round blades, and
a triangular sanding head with a range of velcro sanding sheets. Having
really tried that yet.

Next purchase is the Fein 'old tools' adaptor (£5 from fein online) which
will apparently fit it and allow the new star shaped Fein accessories to
be used in it, giving a much wider range of bits to cut up or sand with.