Posted to uk.d-i-y
BigWallop[_2_] BigWallop[_2_] is offline

Default Argos multitool

"EricP" wrote in message
On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 22:05:20 GMT, PCPaul wrote:

I went in the other day to buy the WorX sonic tool thing - like the Fein
Multimaster or the Bosch PMF-180. I was expecting £69.99 but it's in the
sale at £55ish *and* I got a £5 gift card thrown in.. can't say fairer
than that, can you?

Seeing this I went and bought one from Argos.

The information on the site and indeed the box it comes in show it as
cutting brick tile plastic and everything.

On opening the box i found the expected wood chisel but the other
half-round blade looks like a wood saw blade, not a multi purpose
blade. It is even marked "HSS" which means high speed steel to me and
therefore only for wood and soft material use. If I attempted to use
it on concrete, the teeth would instantly vanish??

Help please!

Have a look at the video on the bottom of this page
http://www.ultimatehandyman.co.uk/To...h_pmf_180E.htm to see
what's what.

I didn't get a wood chisel in mine. I did get a metal cutting blade that
looks like a wood chisel, until you feel the end of it.

The video on the web page shows you a good demonstration of this type tool.