Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fein/Bosch Multitool Blade Compatibility (TMH?)

Can anyone confirm whether the blades for the Fein Multimaster will
fit the new Bosch Multitool. I know the question was raised (by TMH I
think) last year but I've googled and not found a definitive answer.

I used my new (chrissie pressie) Bosch yesterday for the first time
for real to cut some backbox holes in 10" skirting and it was magic!
Do the tile/masonry blades work as well? Will they cut brick/mortar?

Thanks,
David
Posted to uk.d-i-y
dg dg is offline

On 29 Jan, 11:01, DavidM wrote:
Can anyone confirm whether the blades for the Fein Multimaster will
fit the new Bosch Multitool. I know the question was raised (by TMH I
think) last year but I've googled and not found a definitive answer.

I used my new (chrissie pressie) Bosch yesterday for the first time
for real to cut some backbox holes in 10" skirting and it was magic!
Do the tile/masonry blades work as well? Will they cut brick/mortar?

Thanks,
David

I asked this question a few weeks ago, and the answer from TMH on 10
Dec 2007 was

"I thought I had reported back? The Bosch blades will fit the older
Fein.
The Fein blades will fit the Bosch but it relys on the hex bolt being
done
up really tight to hold it in place. e.g. the fixing lobes won't
work. "

I think the grit blade will have a hard time cutting bricks, should do
mortar though. In any case the blade is not deep enough for anything
but cutting a channel

Also, for anyone interested, the Bosch pmf 180 is currently on offer
for £59.95 at B&Q

dg
Posted to uk.d-i-y

dg wrote:
On 29 Jan, 11:01, DavidM wrote:
Can anyone confirm whether the blades for the Fein Multimaster will
fit the new Bosch Multitool. I know the question was raised (by TMH I
think) last year but I've googled and not found a definitive answer.

I used my new (chrissie pressie) Bosch yesterday for the first time
for real to cut some backbox holes in 10" skirting and it was magic!
Do the tile/masonry blades work as well? Will they cut brick/mortar?

Only tried one on tile & it worked, but was a bit rough.

Didn't have my electric tile saw on the van & had to cut one tile to fit
around a socket, worked OK becayse the rough edges were hidden by the
socket.

Have you tried it with a sanding disc yet? Bloody wonderful!

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Blades for Bosch Multitool DavidM UK diy 1 December 29th 07 06:20 PM
Bosch/Fein blade update? dg UK diy 1 December 10th 07 06:09 PM
Fein/Bosch Blades The Medway Handyman UK diy 1 September 4th 07 02:07 AM
Bosch/Fein The Medway Handyman UK diy 13 August 31st 07 09:06 PM
Bosch / Fein update Newshound UK diy 20 August 10th 07 08:32 AM