Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Repressurising sealed system

Hi,

I need to repressurise a sealed system after a leak (leak is fixed)
and I would like to know if this has to be done when the system is
cold since SWMBO does not want the CH switched off at all today! It's
down to 0.8 bar ATM.

TIA, Mark
--
(\__/) M.
See http://improve-usenet.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mark wrote:
Hi,

I need to repressurise a sealed system after a leak (leak is fixed)
and I would like to know if this has to be done when the system is
cold since SWMBO does not want the CH switched off at all today! It's
down to 0.8 bar ATM.

It ought to be done cold. However you can usually get away with topping
it up a little when hot if you take it slowly. Working out what to
pressurise it to is harder though since you probably don't know the
normal "hot" operating pressure is, or for that matter how hot the
system actually is at the time you add water. If the system is good and
hot, I would be tempted to take it to about 1.5 bar.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mark wrote:
Hi,

I need to repressurise a sealed system after a leak (leak is fixed)
and I would like to know if this has to be done when the system is
cold since SWMBO does not want the CH switched off at all today! It's
down to 0.8 bar ATM.

TIA, Mark

TBH its not critical. I generally go to about 1.5 bar cold. Probably too
much, but it seems to take it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 10:00:00 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Mark wrote:
Hi,

I need to repressurise a sealed system after a leak (leak is fixed)
and I would like to know if this has to be done when the system is
cold since SWMBO does not want the CH switched off at all today! It's
down to 0.8 bar ATM.

TIA, Mark

TBH its not critical. I generally go to about 1.5 bar cold. Probably too
much, but it seems to take it.

Thanks for the replies. I'll let it cool a little to avoid burning
myself and then do it slowly. IIRC the pressure does not change a lot
when hot vs cold.

--
(\__/) M.
See http://improve-usenet.org

Add HWC to sealed system Vaci UK diy 5 January 3rd 07 10:57 AM
What volume is my sealed CH system? Lobster UK diy 8 November 13th 06 09:01 AM
Air drawn into sealed system Mary Hinge UK diy 9 April 20th 06 04:18 PM
Update to Sealed CH System [email protected] UK diy 3 October 25th 05 09:07 PM
"faqing" sealed system! FrancisJK UK diy 12 August 4th 04 11:48 AM