Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Repressurising sealed system

Mark wrote:
Hi,

I need to repressurise a sealed system after a leak (leak is fixed)
and I would like to know if this has to be done when the system is
cold since SWMBO does not want the CH switched off at all today! It's
down to 0.8 bar ATM.

It ought to be done cold. However you can usually get away with topping
it up a little when hot if you take it slowly. Working out what to
pressurise it to is harder though since you probably don't know the
normal "hot" operating pressure is, or for that matter how hot the
system actually is at the time you add water. If the system is good and
hot, I would be tempted to take it to about 1.5 bar.

--
Cheers,

John.