Posted to uk.d-i-y
jim jim is offline

Default New Cloakroom Waste Piping query

Hi

Currently building a new ground floor cloaks with WC and basin - drain
run is in, connected and approved by BCO - internally all there is is
the end of the 110mm pipe

I want to connect a WC and a basin to this pipe - what's the best way?
so far I'm considering
a) building a "mini internal stack" with durgo, using a branch "on
it's back" and connecting the basin on the vertical, finishing witha
durgo;
and b) plumbing WC straight to the existing 110mm pipe and "strapping"
on the basin waste direct to the 110mm with an anti-vac fitting to
preserve the basin trap...

Is either of these the best thing to do? or something else I haven't
thought of?

TIA

Jim
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

jim wrote:
Hi

Currently building a new ground floor cloaks with WC and basin - drain
run is in, connected and approved by BCO - internally all there is is
the end of the 110mm pipe

I want to connect a WC and a basin to this pipe - what's the best way?
so far I'm considering
a) building a "mini internal stack" with durgo, using a branch "on
it's back" and connecting the basin on the vertical, finishing witha
durgo;
and b) plumbing WC straight to the existing 110mm pipe and "strapping"
on the basin waste direct to the 110mm with an anti-vac fitting to
preserve the basin trap...

Is either of these the best thing to do? or something else I haven't
thought of?

TIA

Jim

I would always consider use of a HepVO trap. Might choose against in the
end - but definitely need to consider.

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

jim wrote:

Is either of these the best thing to do? or something else I haven't
thought of?

You can also get WC connectors that include a waste pipe connection.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
jim jim is offline

On 28 Oct, 01:06, John Rumm wrote:
jim wrote:
Is either of these the best thing to do? or something else I haven't
thought of?

You can also get WC connectors that include a waste pipe connection.

--
Cheers,

John.

Hi John

Yes I've seen one sort of these (Wickes for eg), where the extra waste
connector joins on the "other side" of the elbow of the WC connector -
however in the current plan the basin waste would need to connect
*after* the WC.

Are there other variations on these that may suit my situation better?
Should a BCO be OK with a strap boss direct to the horizontal 110mm
waste pipe (betwixt WC and wall) and a HepVO on the basin waste run?

cheers
Jim