Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fitting fascia board & soffits

In process of putting new pitched roof on some new outbuildings.

This has Trussed roof construction with 30 degree pitch. Aiming for a 350mm
overhang, which will allow for a soffit of about 240mm

Just a thought, I will be cutting off the excess overhang of each truss,
assume it still common practice to fit fascia direct to ends of rafter, with
a couple of lost head nails per rafter.

Not had to fit soffits for a long time, any tips from anyone who has done a
lot of this ? ..... fascia does not have a groove for soffit, though I could
easily use a router to put one in.

Last time I did this I constructed small wooden brackets at each rafter end
and nailed soffit to them.

At wall side as it's timber frame, I can fix a horizontal batten, that would
give me a good fixing for inner edge of soffit, but would still need
something for fascia side of soffit.
I guess I could fit a batten to rear of fascia, other suggestions ?

(all will be in wood not plastic)

fascia board HomerS Home Repair 6 March 30th 08 03:17 AM
fascia board for gutter system Chris Home Repair 3 February 4th 08 06:10 PM
repace fascia board on a rendered wall windyboarder UK diy 0 September 13th 06 02:21 PM
Fitting PVC fascias no soffits Jim Ingram UK diy 4 July 23rd 06 10:59 PM
What size fascia board? [email protected] Home Repair 7 September 29th 05 04:12 PM