Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Removing Neff Microwave from Oven Housing

Hi

We have a Neff Microwave mounted inside a stainless housing in turn
mounted above the oven in a housing. I need to remove it to find out
why it has stopped working, I suspect the Magnetron. I cannot for the
life of me see how to get it out, no apparent screws from the outside
that I can see and no parts seem to pull off. Can anyone help please?

Cheers
Andy Barron
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Barron wrote:
Hi

We have a Neff Microwave mounted inside a stainless housing in turn
mounted above the oven in a housing. I need to remove it to find out
why it has stopped working, I suspect the Magnetron. I cannot for the
life of me see how to get it out, no apparent screws from the outside
that I can see and no parts seem to pull off. Can anyone help please?

Cheers
Andy Barron

Model no.?

Have you tried some of the links on Neff's website (via "Customer
Services") - you can download the user manuals free, also generally the
installation manuals (usually the multi-lingual file download, rather
than the specific-language for the user-manual).

FWIW, I doubt the magnetron - unless you've seriously abused it. Anyway,
usual rules apply with microwaves - don't prod inside unless you
understand what you're doing, there's large caps in there which (under
failure conditions) can store a lethal charge.

Mike.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
,
Andy Barron wrote:
We have a Neff Microwave mounted inside a stainless housing in turn
mounted above the oven in a housing. I need to remove it to find out
why it has stopped working, I suspect the Magnetron. I cannot for the
life of me see how to get it out, no apparent screws from the outside
that I can see and no parts seem to pull off. Can anyone help please?

A built in type? I have one - the trim round the unit simply unclips.
Revealing two brackets at the bottom fixed to the base with screws remove
these and it pulls out. Note there are similar brackets at the back which
need to be engaged when replacing.

--
*Marriage changes passion - suddenly you're in bed with a relative*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

A built in type? I have one - the trim round the unit simply unclips.
Revealing two brackets at the bottom fixed to the base with screws remove
these and it pulls out. Note there are similar brackets at the back which
need to be engaged when replacing.

Thanks for the advice I will pull on the trim a bit harder ;o)

BTW I am a qualified electronics engineer and have worked on microwave
systems so I know what not to touch, it is the simple bit of getting
the bl@@dy think out of the housing I can't cope with ;o)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 14, 10:18*am, Andy Barron
wrote:
A built in type? I have one - the trim round the unit simply unclips.
Revealing two brackets at the bottom fixed to the base with screws remove
these and it pulls out. Note there are similar brackets at the back which
need to be engaged when replacing.

Thanks for the advice I will pull on the trim a bit harder *;o)

BTW I am a qualified electronics engineer and have worked on microwave
systems so I know what not to touch, it is the simple bit of getting
the bl@@dy think out of the housing I can't cope with *;o)

Thank goodness Andy: I was about to write (for the benefit of certain
non-electronic types who naively post "My microwave is broken is there
anything inside I can fix myself", the usual "Be careful there's 5000
volts inside" and remarks about microwave radiation"!
Although I've only heard about one death and some RF burns in a
situation in Florida where some idiot ran one continuously in a snack
bar, after removing the door and plugging the safety switches! The
safety people afterwards told him to stop!
As a once transmitter technician and owner of a catering company
myself, I've repaired a few m.wave ovens and always treated them with
great respect. Basically a 1000 watt RF transmitter inside a metal
box! Once described as 'one of the more dangerous household
appliances ever invented'!
Good luck with your repair btw. I scrapped a couple more recently and
AFIK a still working magnetron came out of one of them. I have parts
from older ones and at least one more unit to scrap (I save the
transformers, micro-switches, over heat bi-metals,. rectifier/
capacitor etc.) Contact me if necessary. Terry in (115 volt) Canada.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Well I still can't get it out, by removing an infill strip above it
and using a mirror I can see that the microwave housing / frame is
screwed to the sides of the wooden oven housing. Here are a couple of
pics:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...ic/mwave-2.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...ic/mwave-1.jpg

I have searched the Neff web site with no luck. I really cannot see
how to get this out, any further advice gratefully received.

A.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
,
Andy Barron wrote:
Well I still can't get it out, by removing an infill strip above it
and using a mirror I can see that the microwave housing / frame is
screwed to the sides of the wooden oven housing. Here are a couple of
pics:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...ic/mwave-2.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...ic/mwave-1.jpg

I have searched the Neff web site with no luck. I really cannot see
how to get this out, any further advice gratefully received.

That's totally different from mine which just has a plain surround in the
same material as the machine. No grills.

Thinks. The oven itself looks slightly similar and as I said is held in
place by brackets at the bottom, screwed to the housing. So does the
bottom grill pull off to give access to these? Then once the oven is
removed the surround fixings are revealed?

--
*This message has been ROT-13 encrypted twice for extra security *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15 Oct, 13:09, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article
,
* wrote:

[...]

Unfortunately the surrounding grill is one piece and pretty sturdy at
that. The Microwave itself actually moves slightly within the
housing / frame in fact I can lift the front up by about 5mm. It
won't come out unless I can get the whole surrounding frame off though
because there is a vent duct forming part of the microwave oven that
extends to near the top of the vent grill at the top. Thanks for
your help so far.

A.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15 Oct, 13:37, Andy Barron
wrote:

At last I cracked it. The clue is that it lifts by 5mm, put my hands
inside microwave, lift and move back. I can now get at the screws to
remove the frame. Do I feel stoopid or what.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
,
Andy Barron wrote:
At last I cracked it. The clue is that it lifts by 5mm, put my hands
inside microwave, lift and move back. I can now get at the screws to
remove the frame. Do I feel stoopid or what.

That'll teach you to keep the fitting instructions - or make sure you get
them from the installer. ;-)

--
*Life is hard; then you nap