Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Shower Pumps.

Hi All,

I wanted to add a shower pump for our downstairs shower. This is on a
seperate cylinder feed to our 2 upstairs showers to which I have
already fitted a 3 bar stuart turner in the loft. They work great.

The new pump would be placed in the airing cupboard so needs to be
quiet also the pressures needed are probably not as high 1.5 would
probably be ok. The 1.5 bar ST pump is about 250 quid which is a bit
much really as its only a nice to have.
Does anybody else have any offers of other mfcrs to try, with quiet
operation being the main concern?

Thanks,
Matthew
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
Hi All,

I wanted to add a shower pump for our downstairs shower. This is on a
seperate cylinder feed to our 2 upstairs showers to which I have
already fitted a 3 bar stuart turner in the loft. They work great.

The new pump would be placed in the airing cupboard so needs to be
quiet also the pressures needed are probably not as high 1.5 would
probably be ok. The 1.5 bar ST pump is about 250 quid which is a bit
much really as its only a nice to have.
Does anybody else have any offers of other mfcrs to try, with quiet
operation being the main concern?

Thanks,
Matthew

Over ten years I had two cheapies then a mid-range fail before I finally
fitted a ST. They were all far noisier than the (higher performance) ST.
Check eBay, you may find a second hand one.

DIY shower pumps.. well almost. dennis@home UK diy 13 April 5th 08 07:31 PM
Qu: Shower Pumps Potsie UK diy 6 April 11th 06 12:39 PM
Shower pumps Rob UK diy 6 December 31st 04 02:28 PM
Shower Pumps and Thermostatic Shower Valves jdi UK diy 4 December 20th 04 04:12 PM
Shower pumps again!!! Peter UK diy 7 April 6th 04 09:20 PM