Senior Member

Default Endex End Feed fittings price

I have always asked myself why the Endex - Yorkshire fittings are so much more expensive than other brands.

For example a pack of 10 Endex 22 x 15mm reducing couplers at Screwfix is £8.81 versus £4.47 for the IBP ones.

I know that Yorkshire copper is good quality, but, why is it so much dearer? and, is it really worth the difference in price?

Last edited by asalcedo : October 7th 08 at 10:55 AM
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
asalcedo wrote:

I have always asked myself why the Endex - Yorkshire fittings are so
much more expensive than other brands.

For example a pack of 10 Endex 22 x 15mm reducing couplers at Screwfix
is £8.81 versus £4.47 for the IBP ones.

I know that Yorkshire copper is good quality, but, why is it so much
dearer? and, is it really worth the difference in price?

Only time I buy solder ring fittings is if they're not available in plain
end feed. You seem to pay quite a price for a small amount of solder...

--
*I got a sweater for Christmas. I really wanted a screamer or a moaner*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
asalcedo wrote:

I have always asked myself why the Endex - Yorkshire fittings are so
much more expensive than other brands.

For example a pack of 10 Endex 22 x 15mm reducing couplers at
Screwfix is £8.81 versus £4.47 for the IBP ones.

I know that Yorkshire copper is good quality, but, why is it so much
dearer? and, is it really worth the difference in price?

Only time I buy solder ring fittings is if they're not available in
plain end feed. You seem to pay quite a price for a small amount of
solder...

The yorkshire ones asalcedo is refering to are infact end-feed, not solder
ring ones!

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/67060
for example (And they are actually £24.48 for 10!)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Toby wrote:
Only time I buy solder ring fittings is if they're not available in
plain end feed. You seem to pay quite a price for a small amount of
solder...

The yorkshire ones asalcedo is refering to are infact end-feed, not
solder ring ones!

Ah - the yorkshire thing confused me. Which is easily done.

--
*If a parsley farmer is sued, can they garnish his wages?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 7 Oct, 10:35, asalcedo wrote:
I have always asked myself why the Endex - Yorkshire fittings are so
much more expensive than other brands.

As I'm from Yorkshire, I'm allowed to tell you that it's because they
want more of your money. What's the difference between a Yorkshireman
and a coconut? You can get a drink out of a coconut...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 20:23:15 +0100, Toby wrote:

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
asalcedo wrote:

I have always asked myself why the Endex - Yorkshire fittings are so
much more expensive than other brands.

For example a pack of 10 Endex 22 x 15mm reducing couplers at
Screwfix is £8.81 versus £4.47 for the IBP ones.

I know that Yorkshire copper is good quality, but, why is it so much
dearer? and, is it really worth the difference in price?

Only time I buy solder ring fittings is if they're not available in
plain end feed. You seem to pay quite a price for a small amount of
solder...

The yorkshire ones asalcedo is refering to are infact end-feed, not
solder ring ones!

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/67060
for example (And they are actually £24.48 for 10!)

Since the cheaper ones do the job what's the point of paying for snobby
ones?