Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Aldi's latest offer

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...08-09-29-10-57

Ideal for:

Bird/Animal watching
Exploration
Home Security
Observation
Night Fishing
Stargazing

I suppose it is 'observation' that most people will be buying these
for.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 11:23:17 -0700 (PDT), Tim Decker
wrote:

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...08-09-29-10-57

Ideal for:

Bird/Animal watching
Exploration
Home Security
Observation
Night Fishing
Stargazing

I suppose it is 'observation' that most people will be buying these
for.

Should go down a wow at the dogging sites!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Decker" wrote in message
http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...08-09-29-10-57

Ideal for:

Bird/Animal watching
Exploration
Home Security
Observation
Night Fishing
Stargazing

I suppose it is 'observation' that most people will be buying these
for.

I can't see how it would be any good for stargazing.
Unless someone hits you around the head with it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dave wrote:

wrote:

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...08-09-29-10-57

Ideal for:

Bird/Animal watching
Exploration
Home Security
Observation
Night Fishing
Stargazing

I suppose it is 'observation' that most people will be buying these
for.

Should go down a wow at the dogging sites!

Naturally - where are they btw :-) (Please don't answer that I don't
really want to know).
My bro. had was given one of these things a few years ago and I
borrowed it for a week. Actually looking into the garden at night
*was* pretty interesting. Saw a fox slink over our fench, stroll
across the garden and then over next doors fence - not a sound did it
make. Trouble was the image was so dim, it was a bit wearing after a
while. There was an "infra red" led array on it - but it wasn't so
much infra - quite visible red really.

When at British Aerospace, we had to equip an aircraft with night vision
capability. This involved reducing the cockpit light outputs to suit the
night vision goggles.

On the night of the first flight, we had to see off the aircraft and we
were shown the night vision goggles. Winter hill, in Lancashire is very
visible from the site and I was amazed at the detail I could see across
to it. Not only could I see the mast that gives us our TV progs, but I
could make out the sheep that were up there. With these you could 'dog'
at a few hundred yards. ;-)

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...08-09-29-10-57

Ideal for:

Bird/Animal watching
Exploration
Home Security
Observation
Night Fishing
Stargazing

I suppose it is 'observation' that most people will be buying these
for.

Should go down a wow at the dogging sites!

LOL.

It would be handy for the 50m by 40m room that I am working in this week
that has no windows and only one door. It is a little bit dark in there.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Decker wrote:
http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...08-09-29-10-57

Ideal for:

Bird/Animal watching
Exploration
Home Security
Observation
Night Fishing
Stargazing

I suppose it is 'observation' that most people will be buying these
for.

Sorry to highjack your post Tim. Anyone know if they still have those wall
chasers?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Aldi's Part P(rescott) Special - £49.99 James (usenet) UK diy 11 July 26th 06 10:26 PM
Latest Project WillR Woodworking 2 March 27th 05 05:52 AM
latest contribution wallster Metalworking 0 February 7th 05 01:52 PM
Latest issue of AAW Leif Thorvaldson Woodturning 10 September 16th 04 10:42 PM