Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Aldi's Part P(rescott) Special - £49.99

Is anyone honestly going to say to themself, "Ooooh! New shower for
less than £50! I'm getting someone certified to fit it"?
http://www.aldi.co.uk/sunday_special...oduct_311.html

Me? I'm waiting for the consumer unit special ;-) Or a tidy saving off
a 10kV 3 phase "dropper box" transformer (for my next camping trip) :-p

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Owain" wrote in message
James (usenet) wrote:
Is anyone honestly going to say to themself, "Ooooh! New shower for
less than £50! I'm getting someone certified to fit it"?

Remember kiddies, Mr Prescott doesn't want you to install your electric
shower with proper cable to the CU and proper equi bonding.

Plug it into a 13A socket on the landing however...

Owain

Nah that will just blow the fuse - how boring!
You need to make the following*...

(Don't do this, it is a very very bad and unsafe thing to do, it is posted
merely for amusement purposes)

Take an 8 way extension lead
plug it into a socket in the kitchen (but don't turn it on - safety first!)
now make a cable with a 13A plug on each end
plug one end into the 8 way extension
plug the other end into a socket in your living room (but don't turn it on -
safety first!)
Now make another cable like the last one, plug one end into the 8 way
extension and the other end into a socket upstairs (but don't turn it on -
safety first!)
Now make another, plug one end into the 8 way extension, and the other into
another socket in the Kitchen (but don't turn it on - safety first!)
Now connect 4 separate cables to the shower, and terminate them all in a 13A
plug
plug them all into the 8 way extension lead
turn on all the sockets (kitchen, upstairs and living room, them you can use
the shower!

*If you have three phase in the house, you will probably kill yourself or
burn the house down faster than if you do not.

If you do this, then you are a mad fool who must be suicidal, and I take no
responsibility for you!!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Sparks wrote:

If you do this, then you are a mad fool who must be suicidal, and I take no
responsibility for you!!

Go on, give it a try Dribble!

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 11:55:18 +0100, Owain
had this to say:

Sparks wrote:
Plug it into a 13A socket on the landing however...

Nah that will just blow the fuse - how boring!
You need to make the following*...

FFS that's an awful lot of work just to avoid blowing a fuse.

Just cut the plug off the shower flex and poke the cores into the socket
with matchsticks.

If you do that, it's better to use spent matches. Live ones might be
dangerous.

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Sparks wrote:
Plug it into a 13A socket on the landing however...
Nah that will just blow the fuse - how boring!
You need to make the following*...

FFS that's an awful lot of work just to avoid blowing a fuse.

Just cut the plug off the shower flex and poke the cores into the

socket
with matchsticks.

If you do that, it's better to use spent matches. Live ones might be
dangerous.

--
Frank Erskine

No - poke the ends into Prescott - much more satisfactory

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Owain" wrote in message
Sparks wrote:
Plug it into a 13A socket on the landing however...

Nah that will just blow the fuse - how boring!
You need to make the following*...

FFS that's an awful lot of work just to avoid blowing a fuse.

Just cut the plug off the shower flex and poke the cores into the socket
with matchsticks.

Nobody uses matchsticks these days unless they're builoding the Eiffel
Tower. As it were.

Would a gas lighter work?

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andrew Mawson" wrote in message

If you do that, it's better to use spent matches. Live ones might be
dangerous.

--
Frank Erskine

No - poke the ends into Prescott - much more satisfactory

Lit.

In the orifice he speaks from.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2006-07-25 13:55:13 +0100, "Mary Fisher" said:

"Andrew Mawson" wrote in message

If you do that, it's better to use spent matches. Live ones might be
dangerous.

--
Frank Erskine

No - poke the ends into Prescott - much more satisfactory

Lit.

In the orifice he speaks from.

Thankfully not for much longer...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 14:41:43 +0100, Andy Hall had
this to say:

On 2006-07-25 13:55:13 +0100, "Mary Fisher" said:

"Andrew Mawson" wrote in message

If you do that, it's better to use spent matches. Live ones might be
dangerous.

--
Frank Erskine

No - poke the ends into Prescott - much more satisfactory

Lit.

In the orifice he speaks from.

Thankfully not for much longer...

http://www.amdzone.com/modules.php?o...tpage&artid=31

:-)
--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"James (usenet)" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is anyone honestly going to say to themself, "Ooooh! New shower for
less than £50! I'm getting someone certified to fit it"?
http://www.aldi.co.uk/sunday_special...oduct_311.html

Me? I'm waiting for the consumer unit special ;-) Or a tidy saving off
a 10kV 3 phase "dropper box" transformer (for my next camping trip) :-p

....but it has got plush fit plumbing so it must be good :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2006-07-25 15:53:41 +0100, "Peter Andrews"
said:

"James (usenet)" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is anyone honestly going to say to themself, "Ooooh! New shower for
less than £50! I'm getting someone certified to fit it"?
http://www.aldi.co.uk/sunday_special...oduct_311.html

Me? I'm waiting for the consumer unit special ;-) Or a tidy saving off
a 10kV 3 phase "dropper box" transformer (for my next camping trip) :-p

...but it has got plush fit plumbing so it must be good :-)

Plush fit plumbing?

Does this involve the furry dice that Drivel has in his Primus?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Frank Erskine wrote:

If you do that, it's better to use spent matches. Live ones might be
dangerous.

Not if you use safety matches ;-)

--
Cheers,