Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wallpaper Stripper At Screwfix

I was looking at wallpaper strippers and saw this .Described as "Hands
Free" How can it be hands free..what does that mean?

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/55031/...PER%20-_-55031

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26 Sep, 15:01, wrote:
I was looking at wallpaper strippers and saw this .Described as "Hands
Free" * How can it be hands free..what does that mean?

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/55031/...er-Stripper/Ea...

I imagine the plate at the end the steam comes out of can somehow
attach itself to the wall?

Mark.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26 Sep, 15:09, wrote:
On 26 Sep, 15:01, wrote:

I was looking at wallpaper strippers and saw this .Described as "Hands
Free" * How can it be hands free..what does that mean?

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/55031/...er-Stripper/Ea...

I imagine the plate at the end the steam comes out of can somehow
attach itself to the wall?

Mark.

http://www.earlex.co.uk/html/steam_html/ss200.htm

Yep - it uses a vacuum system to attach the steam plate to the wall.
Hmm - not sure I like the sound of it - too much steam will soften the
plaster and make the wall crumble!

Mark.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 07:12:24 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On 26 Sep, 15:09, wrote:
On 26 Sep, 15:01, wrote:

I was looking at wallpaper strippers and saw this .Described as "Hands
Free" * How can it be hands free..what does that mean?

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/55031/...er-Stripper/Ea...

I imagine the plate at the end the steam comes out of can somehow
attach itself to the wall?

Mark.

http://www.earlex.co.uk/html/steam_html/ss200.htm

Yep - it uses a vacuum system to attach the steam plate to the wall.
Hmm - not sure I like the sound of it - too much steam will soften the
plaster and make the wall crumble!

Mark.

And seems a wee bit unnecessary...I've only used one before but it was
a case of steaming one part and then while you were stripping it you
moved the plate along a bit and it was softening the paper while you
were stripping and so on and so on .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 26 Sep, 15:09, wrote:
On 26 Sep, 15:01, wrote:

I was looking at wallpaper strippers and saw this .Described as "Hands
Free" How can it be hands free..what does that mean?

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/55031/...er-Stripper/Ea...

I imagine the plate at the end the steam comes out of can somehow
attach itself to the wall?

Mark.

http://www.earlex.co.uk/html/steam_html/ss200.htm

Yep - it uses a vacuum system to attach the steam plate to the wall.
Hmm - not sure I like the sound of it - too much steam will soften the
plaster and make the wall crumble!

Mark.

And seems a wee bit unnecessary...I've only used one before but it was
a case of steaming one part and then while you were stripping it you
moved the plate along a bit and it was softening the paper while you
were stripping and so on and so on .

I thought the velcro straps were to fix it to your head.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
I was looking at wallpaper strippers and saw this .Described as "Hands
Free" How can it be hands free..what does that mean?

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/55031/...PER%20-_-55031

Most strippers are 'hands free' IME, at least the cheaper ones are.

Sorry, couldn't resist!
:-)

Steam stripper (wallpaper) causing plaster to blow Phil Anthropist[_2_] UK diy 2 July 22nd 08 05:21 AM
Can you get an attachment for wallpaper steam stripper to clean stains on carpet? [email protected] UK diy 1 December 5th 06 01:31 PM
Steam stripper F UK diy 6 September 14th 06 06:31 PM
Paint Stripper again Percival P. Cassidy Home Repair 5 September 6th 06 10:42 PM
Removing wallpaper border from painted (vinyl?) wallpaper Robert Campbell UK diy 12 May 23rd 06 10:20 AM