DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Wallpaper Stripper At Screwfix (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/261285-wallpaper-stripper-screwfix.html)

[email protected] September 26th 08 03:01 PM

Wallpaper Stripper At Screwfix

I was looking at wallpaper strippers and saw this .Described as "Hands
Free" How can it be hands free..what does that mean?

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/55031/...PER%20-_-55031

[email protected] September 26th 08 03:09 PM

On 26 Sep, 15:01, wrote:
I was looking at wallpaper strippers and saw this .Described as "Hands
Free" * How can it be hands free..what does that mean?

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/55031/...er-Stripper/Ea...

I imagine the plate at the end the steam comes out of can somehow
attach itself to the wall?

Mark.

[email protected] September 26th 08 03:12 PM

On 26 Sep, 15:09, wrote:
On 26 Sep, 15:01, wrote:

I was looking at wallpaper strippers and saw this .Described as "Hands
Free" * How can it be hands free..what does that mean?

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/55031/...er-Stripper/Ea...

I imagine the plate at the end the steam comes out of can somehow
attach itself to the wall?

Mark.

http://www.earlex.co.uk/html/steam_html/ss200.htm

Yep - it uses a vacuum system to attach the steam plate to the wall.
Hmm - not sure I like the sound of it - too much steam will soften the
plaster and make the wall crumble!

Mark.

[email protected] September 26th 08 03:34 PM

Wallpaper Stripper At Screwfix

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 07:12:24 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On 26 Sep, 15:09, wrote:
On 26 Sep, 15:01, wrote:

I was looking at wallpaper strippers and saw this .Described as "Hands
Free" * How can it be hands free..what does that mean?

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/55031/...er-Stripper/Ea...

I imagine the plate at the end the steam comes out of can somehow
attach itself to the wall?

Mark.

http://www.earlex.co.uk/html/steam_html/ss200.htm

Yep - it uses a vacuum system to attach the steam plate to the wall.
Hmm - not sure I like the sound of it - too much steam will soften the
plaster and make the wall crumble!

Mark.

And seems a wee bit unnecessary...I've only used one before but it was
a case of steaming one part and then while you were stripping it you
moved the plate along a bit and it was softening the paper while you
were stripping and so on and so on .

John September 26th 08 03:41 PM

wrote:

On 26 Sep, 15:09, wrote:
On 26 Sep, 15:01, wrote:

I was looking at wallpaper strippers and saw this .Described as "Hands
Free" How can it be hands free..what does that mean?

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/55031/...er-Stripper/Ea...

I imagine the plate at the end the steam comes out of can somehow
attach itself to the wall?

Mark.

http://www.earlex.co.uk/html/steam_html/ss200.htm

Yep - it uses a vacuum system to attach the steam plate to the wall.
Hmm - not sure I like the sound of it - too much steam will soften the
plaster and make the wall crumble!

Mark.

And seems a wee bit unnecessary...I've only used one before but it was
a case of steaming one part and then while you were stripping it you
moved the plate along a bit and it was softening the paper while you
were stripping and so on and so on .

I thought the velcro straps were to fix it to your head.

Mr Discretion September 26th 08 04:56 PM

wrote:
I was looking at wallpaper strippers and saw this .Described as "Hands
Free" How can it be hands free..what does that mean?

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/55031/...PER%20-_-55031

Most strippers are 'hands free' IME, at least the cheaper ones are.

Sorry, couldn't resist!
:-)