Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pointing Accrington brickwork.

Part of the frontage of my 1930's semi is in Accrington brick up to
the level of the sill of the front room bay window. The remainder of
the frontage is rendered and painted white.
The Accrington brickwork requires repointing and a couple of firms are
giving me estimates. One tells me that mastic is the best material to
use the other tells me red sand and cement is best. Both say that a
rub down with oil will give a good appearance.
I know nothing of these things. What is the groups opinion on the best
way to go, please, mastic or sand and cement?

Don

Pointing mix? Alistair Ross UK diy 5 August 17th 08 08:17 AM
Pointing Old Brickwork Edward W. Thompson UK diy 17 March 29th 08 02:20 PM
Price of pointing brickwork R D S UK diy 12 November 14th 06 09:57 PM
Pointing for sandstone wattie UK diy 4 December 14th 04 05:20 PM
pointing j.brown UK diy 3 November 20th 04 04:07 PM