j.brown

Default pointing

i had my house repointed about 6 mnths ago, the pointing is good but
the colour it has dried is a mess,its very patchy,is there any way of
making it look all the same colour without having to repoint it all?
BigWallop

"j.brown" wrote in message
m...
i had my house repointed about 6 mnths ago, the pointing is good but
the colour it has dried is a mess,its very patchy,is there any way of
making it look all the same colour without having to repoint it all?

A steady hand and some paint.

Jake

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 14:29:33 GMT, "BigWallop"
wrote:

"j.brown" wrote in message
. com...
i had my house repointed about 6 mnths ago, the pointing is good but
the colour it has dried is a mess,its very patchy,is there any way of
making it look all the same colour without having to repoint it all?

A steady hand and some paint.

Or paint the whole wall... (easier)
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"BigWallop" writes:

"j.brown" wrote in message
m...
i had my house repointed about 6 mnths ago, the pointing is good but
the colour it has dried is a mess,its very patchy,is there any way of
making it look all the same colour without having to repoint it all?

A steady hand and some paint.

I saw the opposite being done on a house, which resulted in quite
an interesting effect. First the wall was painted white (or more
likely it was magnolia). Then it was repointed with black mortar.
It was all done in one go, so clearly this was the intended effect.
How you maintain it when the white paint needs redoing I can't
imagine (I think it is all white now, many years later).

--
Andrew Gabriel