Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Toilet seat - sorted!

Working in a house this morning & saw the solution to the toilet seat that
won't stay up!

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...toiletseat.jpg

Ingenious - no idea who makes them though....

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
om...
Working in a house this morning & saw the solution to the toilet seat that
won't stay up!

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...toiletseat.jpg

Ingenious - no idea who makes them though....

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

All's I see is a Toilet seat?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 13:43:44 GMT, "George"
wrote:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
. com...
Working in a house this morning & saw the solution to the toilet seat that
won't stay up!

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...toiletseat.jpg

Ingenious - no idea who makes them though....

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

All's I see is a Toilet seat?

We've seen a pic of the possible solution but we haven't seen a pic of
the actual problem .
Can't see that this one is much different from what I have or any
others I have seen except mine has two hinge blocks and this one has a
wooden block .
What I'd like to know is why the face of the cistern ( the problem
one) is so far forward relative to the toilet bowl that the seat won't
stay up .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
.com...
Working in a house this morning & saw the solution to the toilet seat that
won't stay up!

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...toiletseat.jpg

Ingenious - no idea who makes them though....

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

All's I see is a Toilet seat?

We've seen a pic of the possible solution but we haven't seen a pic of
the actual problem .
Can't see that this one is much different from what I have or any
others I have seen except mine has two hinge blocks and this one has a
wooden block .
What I'd like to know is why the face of the cistern ( the problem
one) is so far forward relative to the toilet bowl that the seat won't
stay up .

Maybe someone mixed without matching - wrong cistern for the bowl.

Cic.

Using Ubuntu Linux
Windows shown the door

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from Derek contains these words:

Chinese toilets don't have seats do they ... %-|[

Chinese toilets are just a hole in the floor, with, if you're lucky, a
hose to squirt any overspill in the direction of the said hole in the
said floor. If they're VERY posh they've got a proper ceramic hole in
the floor, complete with moulded-in grips for your feet.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 20:12:27 +0100, Derek wrote:

Chinese toilets don't have seats do they ... %-|[

15 years ago it varied if you where in a western tourist hotel they had
"normal" toilet bowls. But most public loos, loos on trains and places
where the chinese went they were squat ones. Sometimes porcelain,
sometimes just a trough cast in concrete with water flowing down it or
just chute out through the wall into the paddy field.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
om...
Working in a house this morning & saw the solution to the toilet seat that
won't stay up!

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...toiletseat.jpg

Ingenious - no idea who makes them though....

Designed by a woman perhaps?

Even when they do stay up, a woman will knit
a cover for it so it wont!

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Working in a house this morning & saw the solution to the toilet seat that
won't stay up!

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...toiletseat.jpg

Ingenious - no idea who makes them though....

?? What are we supposed to be looking at?!

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y
OG OG is offline

"Lobster" wrote in message
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Working in a house this morning & saw the solution to the toilet seat
that won't stay up!

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...toiletseat.jpg

Ingenious - no idea who makes them though....

?? What are we supposed to be looking at?!

Presumably the seat connects to the pedestal through the backpiece of wood;
throwing the hinge position forwards and allowing the raised seat to end up
resting in a stable position against the cistern .

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , OG
wrote

"Lobster" wrote in message
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Working in a house this morning & saw the solution to the toilet seat
that won't stay up!

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...toiletseat.jpg

Ingenious - no idea who makes them though....

?? What are we supposed to be looking at?!

Presumably the seat connects to the pedestal through the backpiece of wood;
throwing the hinge position forwards and allowing the raised seat to end up
resting in a stable position against the cistern .

Surely on all well designed systems it rests in a stable position
anyway?

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com
Posted to uk.d-i-y
OG OG is offline

"Alan" wrote in message
In message , OG
wrote

"Lobster" wrote in message
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Working in a house this morning & saw the solution to the toilet seat
that won't stay up!

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...toiletseat.jpg

Ingenious - no idea who makes them though....

?? What are we supposed to be looking at?!

Presumably the seat connects to the pedestal through the backpiece of
wood;
throwing the hinge position forwards and allowing the raised seat to end
up
resting in a stable position against the cistern .

Surely on all well designed systems it rests in a stable position anyway?

You've not seen TMH's previous post then.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

OG wrote:
"Alan" wrote in message
In message , OG
wrote

"Lobster" wrote in message
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Working in a house this morning & saw the solution to the toilet
seat that won't stay up!

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...toiletseat.jpg

Ingenious - no idea who makes them though....

?? What are we supposed to be looking at?!

Presumably the seat connects to the pedestal through the backpiece
of wood;
throwing the hinge position forwards and allowing the raised seat
to end up
resting in a stable position against the cistern .

Surely on all well designed systems it rests in a stable position
anyway?

You've not seen TMH's previous post then.

Wasn't mine, the OP was Gareth. 'Toilet seat not staying up.'

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

OG wrote:
"Lobster" wrote in message
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Working in a house this morning & saw the solution to the toilet
seat that won't stay up!

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...toiletseat.jpg

Ingenious - no idea who makes them though....

?? What are we supposed to be looking at?!

Presumably the seat connects to the pedestal through the backpiece of
wood; throwing the hinge position forwards and allowing the raised
seat to end up resting in a stable position against the cistern .

Well done that man.

Exactly.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman