Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Toilet Seat Down

In Europe there is an 'anti-sprinkle' movement, the goal of which is
to encourage men to sit down when they pee, and thus avoid the
sprinkle effect. Restrooms in all the countries across the continent
have signs urging men to be thoughtful gentlemen and sit down when
they do their business. My brother-in-law, a German lawyer, as with
many European men, now sits down when he conducts his business.
Because he's always been a thoughtful gentleman.

Ladies, don't get your hopes up because that's never going to happen
in America. Men in the states are going to continue to stand, and
they're going to continue to sprinkle, and you - I'm sorry to say -
are going to continue to clean up these sprinkles. Because they won't
do it themselves.

It's certainly a cultural thing as we see in the above example of my
brother-in-law and all those other European men. Part of being a man
here in America is that you stand when you urinate, since you are not
a woman and women, we know, pee sitting down. Indeed there

http://www.dontplayplay.com/html/Cul...0925/8655.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ladies, don't get your hopes up because that's never going to happen
in America. Men in the states are going to continue to stand, and
they're going to continue to sprinkle, and you - I'm sorry to say -
are going to continue to clean up these sprinkles. Because they won't
do it themselves.

Heck, I just go in the back yard and whiz behind the tool shed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
In Europe there is an 'anti-sprinkle' movement, the goal of which is
to encourage men to sit down when they pee, and thus avoid the
sprinkle effect. Restrooms in all the countries across the continent
have signs urging men to be thoughtful gentlemen and sit down when
they do their business.

Half the public toilets in Europe are a hole in the ground, the other half
have no seat on them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
It's certainly a cultural thing as we see in the above example of my
brother-in-law and all those other European men. Part of being a man
here in America is that you stand when you urinate, since you are not
a woman and women, we know, pee sitting down. Indeed there

http://www.dontplayplay.com/html/Cul...0925/8655.html

I consider myself a gentleman and never use a public toilet for anything other
than urinating. If you want the toilet seat to be sprinkle free, you would do
well to reach down and pick it up out of the way. I am going to stand and if
the seat is down I will urinate through the hole in it. If the seat is up I
will urinate directly into the bowl. But since I have no interest in using the
seat myself, I see no reason why I should be required to touch it, particularly
so something so sterile as somebody else's ass can then use it.

Not my yob, man... not my yob. Know whut I mean, Earl?

And for the women who protest that they might sit in the water if I don't flip
it back down, I'd suggest that sitting in the water even one time would cure you
of that stupidity. If it doesn't, you deserve to sit in the water.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 02:50:40 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

to encourage men to sit down when they pee, and thus avoid the

That's why there are urinals, besides who wants to touch a filthy
toilet seat just to pee?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Sev Sev is offline

wrote:

to encourage men to sit down when they pee, and thus avoid the

That's why there are urinals, besides who wants to touch a filthy
toilet seat just to pee?

They want us to do diddly squat? I think the male bladder drains
more completely from a standing position. Be a clean gent- lift the
seat with your foot.
Posted to alt.home.repair

That's why there are urinals, besides who wants to touch a filthy
toilet seat just to pee?

I always (well, not always) wonder how women deal with the restrooms on
airplanes. Do they actually sit down?

Posted to alt.home.repair

to encourage men to sit down when they pee, and thus avoid the

That's why there are urinals, besides who wants to touch a filthy
toilet seat just to pee?

At several new restaurants around here, they have eliminated the MEN's
ROOM - WOMEN's ROOM concept. The sign on the door just says RESTROOM.
At least you can still lock the door.

This wouldn't be such a bad concept, except that there are no urinals
in any of these rooms. (Probably, this is because women would find
the concept of a urinal in their restroom disgusting).

So, for the time being, it looks as though they are going to have to
share the bowl with men who stand up and spray. What a concept! I
know men that, when confronted with the absence of a urinal, will make
a special effort to spray and disperse far and wide.

As bad as it is, in San Francisco, the restroom situation was even
worse. I saw some restrooms that, in an apparent effort to be "gender
neutral" and not offend trans-gendered people. You could never tell
if you were in the right room or not.

I fear if Hillary is elected, we are going to see more of these...

As a man, I long for the good old days... These were often found in
old buildings in big cities like Chicago and New York. Spacious
marble toilet partitions and plenty of full size floor-to-shoulder
porcelain urinals where a man could **** in style. Now that was a
men's room...

Beachcomber

Posted to alt.home.repair

Buck Turgidson wrote:
That's why there are urinals, besides who wants to touch a filthy
toilet seat just to pee?

I always (well, not always) wonder how women deal with the restrooms
on airplanes. Do they actually sit down?

In spite of what they say, 80% of women don't, in fact, sit down. They
squat.

I saw it (the results, not the raw data) on the internet.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 15:12:32 -0600, HeyBub wrote:
Buck Turgidson wrote:
That's why there are urinals, besides who wants to touch a filthy
toilet seat just to pee?

I always (well, not always) wonder how women deal with the restrooms
on airplanes. Do they actually sit down?

In spite of what they say, 80% of women don't, in fact, sit down. They
squat.

I saw it (the results, not the raw data) on the internet.

Yeah, but did you know that 87.3% of all statistics are made up?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 15:12:32 -0600, "HeyBub" wrote:

In spite of what they say, 80% of women don't, in fact, sit down. They
squat.

I saw it (the results, not the raw data) on the internet.

And other vulgar things, once they know you. All in plain site!

Oren
Posted to alt.home.repair
KLS KLS is offline

Buck Turgidson wrote:
That's why there are urinals, besides who wants to touch a filthy
toilet seat just to pee?

I always (well, not always) wonder how women deal with the restrooms
on airplanes. Do they actually sit down?

In spite of what they say, 80% of women don't, in fact, sit down. They
squat.

I saw it (the results, not the raw data) on the internet.

Or, more likely, they grab a wad of toilet paper, wipe off the seat
the best they can, wash their hands, pull off two lengths of toilet
paper and lay those down on top of each side of the toilet seat
horseshoe, and then position their posteriors over the hole, trying
not to sit but at least being buttressed with some insulating
protection against the sprayers' cooties. Some women really need to
sit.

I think urinals are a fine idea in co-ed bathrooms as long as the
sprayers use those and not the toilets.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Buck Turgidson wrote:
That's why there are urinals, besides who wants to touch a filthy
toilet seat just to pee?

I always (well, not always) wonder how women deal with the restrooms
on airplanes. Do they actually sit down?

In spite of what they say, 80% of women don't, in fact, sit down. They
squat.

I saw it (the results, not the raw data) on the internet.

Yeah, but did you know that 87.3% of all statistics are made up?

Bub saw it; for real, not made up.

Oren
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 13:02:00 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

wrote in message
In Europe there is an 'anti-sprinkle' movement, the goal of which is
to encourage men to sit down when they pee, and thus avoid the
sprinkle effect. Restrooms in all the countries across the continent
have signs urging men to be thoughtful gentlemen and sit down when
they do their business.

Half the public toilets in Europe are a hole in the ground, the other half
have no seat on them.

I spent 11 months in Germany, 1971.

The men's urinal was a tiled wall, whizz and it ran down the wall.
Trough (sp) at the bottom drained into a floor drain. The wall was
rinsed/flushed by a pipe system (I can't describe).

Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair

Buck Turgidson wrote:
That's why there are urinals, besides who wants to touch a filthy
toilet seat just to pee?

I always (well, not always) wonder how women deal with the restrooms
on airplanes. Do they actually sit down?

In spite of what they say, 80% of women don't, in fact, sit down. They
squat.

I saw it (the results, not the raw data) on the internet.

Or, more likely, they grab a wad of toilet paper, wipe off the seat
the best they can, wash their hands, pull off two lengths of toilet
paper and lay those down on top of each side of the toilet seat
horseshoe, and then position their posteriors over the hole, trying
not to sit but at least being buttressed with some insulating
protection against the sprayers' cooties. Some women really need to
sit.

Obviously, you've never seen a Ladies Room after Visiting Day at the
local prison.

GOT cooties?

I think urinals are a fine idea in co-ed bathrooms as long as the
sprayers use those and not the toilets.

Oren
Posted to alt.home.repair

As a man, I long for the good old days... These were often found in
old buildings in big cities like Chicago and New York. Spacious
marble toilet partitions and plenty of full size floor-to-shoulder
porcelain urinals where a man could **** in style. Now that was a
men's room...

And washroom attendants....

Posted to alt.home.repair

Obviously, you've never seen a Ladies Room after Visiting Day at the
local prison.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I see that mess when I visit my Mom upstate on
the 3rd Sunday of every month.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 17:49:48 -0500, "Buck Turgidson"
wrote:

Obviously, you've never seen a Ladies Room after Visiting Day at the
local prison.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I see that mess when I visit my Mom upstate on
the 3rd Sunday of every month.

How did you get passed Security!? More too the point - Ladies Room?

Oren
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

wrote in message
In Europe there is an 'anti-sprinkle' movement, the goal of which is
to encourage men to sit down when they pee, and thus avoid the
sprinkle effect. Restrooms in all the countries across the continent
have signs urging men to be thoughtful gentlemen and sit down when
they do their business.

Half the public toilets in Europe are a hole in the ground, the other half
have no seat on them.

I spent 11 months in Germany, 1971.

The men's urinal was a tiled wall, whizz and it ran down the wall.
Trough (sp) at the bottom drained into a floor drain. The wall was
rinsed/flushed by a pipe system (I can't describe).

Oren
--

Old drive in movies in Las Vegas used to have those.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , HeyBub says...

Buck Turgidson wrote:
That's why there are urinals, besides who wants to touch a filthy
toilet seat just to pee?

I always (well, not always) wonder how women deal with the restrooms
on airplanes. Do they actually sit down?

In spite of what they say, 80% of women don't, in fact, sit down. They
squat.

The word is - "hover"

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10 Jan 2008 17:28:24 -0800, Banty wrote:

In article , HeyBub says...

Buck Turgidson wrote:
That's why there are urinals, besides who wants to touch a filthy
toilet seat just to pee?

I always (well, not always) wonder how women deal with the restrooms
on airplanes. Do they actually sit down?

In spite of what they say, 80% of women don't, in fact, sit down. They
squat.

The word is - "hover"

Yes! A Hover Craft ..

:0

Oren
Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Red is offline

On Jan 10, 4:11*pm, Oren wrote:

I spent 11 months in Germany, 1971.

The men's urinal was a tiled wall, whizz and it ran down the wall.
Trough (sp) at the bottom drained into a floor drain. The wall was
rinsed/flushed by a pipe system (I can't describe).

Oren
--

I remember bars in Juarez, Mexico that had a drain trough at the front
of the bar. You never had to get off the barstool to take a whiz.

Red
Posted to alt.home.repair

"SteveB" wrote:

"Oren" wrote in message
.. .

-snip-
I spent 11 months in Germany, 1971.

The men's urinal was a tiled wall, whizz and it ran down the wall.
Trough (sp) at the bottom drained into a floor drain. The wall was
rinsed/flushed by a pipe system (I can't describe).

Old drive in movies in Las Vegas used to have those.

I ran across at least one in [probably] NY in the mid-late 50's.
Either on the Thruway or in a hotel in Yonkers or Poughkeepsie.

The old 1st Bn. barracks on Parris Island had a stainless steel trough
in '68. It was urinal height, but allowed a lot more Marines to
stand elbow to elbow for the 2 minute ****-call.

Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair
a a is offline

Jim Elbrecht wrote:
"SteveB" wrote:

"Oren" wrote in message

-snip-
I spent 11 months in Germany, 1971.

The men's urinal was a tiled wall, whizz and it ran down the wall.
Trough (sp) at the bottom drained into a floor drain. The wall was
rinsed/flushed by a pipe system (I can't describe).

Old drive in movies in Las Vegas used to have those.

I ran across at least one in [probably] NY in the mid-late 50's.
Either on the Thruway or in a hotel in Yonkers or Poughkeepsie.

The old 1st Bn. barracks on Parris Island had a stainless steel trough
in '68. It was urinal height, but allowed a lot more Marines to
stand elbow to elbow for the 2 minute ****-call.

Jim

That's common in England - usually a stainless trough the width of one wall.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mg mg is offline

On Jan 10, 6:52 am, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN" mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com
[...]

I've been lifting toilet seats, in that situation, with the toe of my
shoe for as long as I can remember. It's not difficult unless one has
some sort of disability, I guess.

And for the women who protest that they might sit in the water if I don't flip
it back down, I'd suggest that sitting in the water even one time would cure you
of that stupidity. If it doesn't, you deserve to sit in the water.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Toto toilet seat broken hold to toilet allan Home Repair 8 November 15th 15 10:08 PM
Fitting toilet seat R D S UK diy 13 November 1st 06 09:17 PM
cracked toilet seat shederr Home Repair 2 May 5th 06 12:02 PM
Getting toilet seat off? souls UK diy 19 October 13th 05 01:50 PM