Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Flooring.

Being a cheapskate I bought some oak flooring at Wicks which was on
special offer some time ago. Probably about 6 months. It's tongue and
groove lengths made out of smaller rectangles glued together and looks
just fine when laid.
I have some left over and would like to use it on a landing - but I've
not got quite enough. I've looked at Wicks and they don't do anything
similar anymore. What would the chances be of matching it elsewhere?

--
*(on a baby-size shirt) "Party -- my crib -- two a.m

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

Can't help with your flooring but this...

*(on a baby-size shirt) "Party -- my crib -- two a.m

reminded me,

On holiday in Holland in August I saw a boy (approx 4 years old) wearing a T
shirt with "My Dad Thinks He's A F**king Hero (without the *'s) on it. The
shirt was obviously a mass produced one and not home made, I had to take a
picture of him as I thought people back home wouldn't believe it.

Cheers

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 15:13:04 +0100, "John"
wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

Can't help with your flooring but this...

*(on a baby-size shirt) "Party -- my crib -- two a.m

reminded me,

On holiday in Holland in August I saw a boy (approx 4 years old) wearing a T
shirt with "My Dad Thinks He's A F**king Hero (without the *'s) on it. The
shirt was obviously a mass produced one and not home made, I had to take a
picture of him as I thought people back home wouldn't believe it.

Cheers

John

If you had done that in U.K. you would have got chased down the street
by the ant-peedyfile brigade .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John" wrote:

On holiday in Holland in August I saw a boy (approx 4 years old) wearing a T
shirt with "My Dad Thinks He's A F**king Hero (without the *'s) on it. The
shirt was obviously a mass produced one and not home made, I had to take a
picture of him as I thought people back home wouldn't believe it.

It's a good job almost no-one in the Netherlands speaks English.

;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Being a cheapskate I bought some oak flooring at Wicks which was on
special offer some time ago. Probably about 6 months. It's tongue and
groove lengths made out of smaller rectangles glued together and looks
just fine when laid.
I have some left over and would like to use it on a landing - but I've
not got quite enough. I've looked at Wicks and they don't do anything
similar anymore. What would the chances be of matching it elsewhere?

If you have the 6 digit SKU number ringing round might help, list of
branches in their price list - or ring their head office.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Being a cheapskate I bought some oak flooring at Wicks which was on
special offer some time ago. Probably about 6 months. It's tongue and
groove lengths made out of smaller rectangles glued together and looks
just fine when laid.
I have some left over and would like to use it on a landing - but I've
not got quite enough. I've looked at Wicks and they don't do anything
similar anymore. What would the chances be of matching it elsewhere?

If you have the 6 digit SKU number ringing round might help, list of
branches in their price list - or ring their head office.

I've a feeling it was end of range - and it was some time ago. But I'll
give it a try.

--
*Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Owain wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Being a cheapskate I bought some oak flooring at Wicks which was on
special offer some time ago. Probably about 6 months. It's tongue and
groove lengths made out of smaller rectangles glued together and looks
just fine when laid.
I have some left over and would like to use it on a landing - but I've
not got quite enough. I've looked at Wicks and they don't do anything
similar anymore. What would the chances be of matching it elsewhere?

Would you be able to use a similar-but-different flooring as a feature
border around the landing, using the Wickes stuff in the centre, as a
feature?

Nice idea - but probably too much of a faff.

--
*If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

New flooring over old BZ Home Repair 3 January 9th 18 07:06 AM
Flooring Vange Home Ownership 0 February 28th 08 06:39 PM
PID Flooring [email protected] Home Repair 0 May 11th 07 04:41 PM
Natura engineered wooden flooring from Flooring Supplies - any experiences? Mark Walters UK diy 3 February 15th 05 09:24 PM
New Kitchen: Flooring b4 units or units b4 flooring? Vortex UK diy 8 November 7th 03 07:00 PM