Old September 13th 08, 10:25 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default British Gas UP2 heating controller - manual?

I have just had a call for help from 300 miles away "how do I put my heating
on?".
British Gas have recently fitted a UP2 controller - does anyone know what it
actually is under the BG badge and/or where I might find a manual online?
Phil

Old September 13th 08, 03:43 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"Phil B" [email protected] dot co dot united kingdom wrote in
message ...
I have just had a call for help from 300 miles away "how do I put my
heating on?".
British Gas have recently fitted a UP2 controller - does anyone know what
it actually is under the BG badge and/or where I might find a manual
online?
Phil

Probably a Drayton lifestyle programmer, but don't ask me which model.

Old September 13th 08, 10:06 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Phil B
writes
I have just had a call for help from 300 miles away "how do I put my heating
on?".
British Gas have recently fitted a UP2 controller - does anyone know what it
actually is under the BG badge and/or where I might find a manual online?
Phil

Well if its the same as the LP722 which replaces it, the left and right
buttons step CH and DHW resp in an off/once/twice/continuous cycle and
indicated on the liquid crystal display

All other controls are hidden behind the pull down flap below the
display

Its all fairly self explanatory

722 manual here

http://www.invensyscontrolseurope.co...-1A04-48E8-8B2
8-54E2A7F60534/0/LPrangenewInstructions.pdf
--
geoff
Old September 14th 08, 04:24 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"Phil B" [email protected] dot co dot united kingdom wrote in
message ...
I have just had a call for help from 300 miles away "how do I put my
heating on?".
British Gas have recently fitted a UP2 controller - does anyone know what
it actually is under the BG badge and/or where I might find a manual
online?
Phil

Thanks both, will check that with the owner!
Phil

Old September 14th 08, 04:52 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Phil B wrote:
I have just had a call for help from 300 miles away "how do I put my heating
on?".

You have my sympathy. I had to move 200 miles to be closer to my mother
after calls like these. Now I only have to drive 30 miles to flick a
switch or press a button.

Old November 3rd 16, 05:14 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to geoff, Linda Turner wrote:
Funny that. I've been looking at my daughter's up2 today and thinking I
wasn't completely stupid would be able to get the timer going. WRONG! I can't
understand it at all!!!!. Can I get a manual anywhere?

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy/...al-507315-.htm

Old November 3rd 16, 06:19 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Linda Turner wrote:

Funny that. I've been looking at my daughter's up2 today and thinking I
wasn't completely stupid would be able to get the timer going. WRONG! I can't
understand it at all!!!!. Can I get a manual anywhere?

8 years later, geoff's no longer around these parts!
Does the UP2 controller look anything like the LP722 he suggested?

http://www.draytoncontrols.co.uk/product/lp722

Old November 4th 16, 03:52 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/11/2016 17:14, Linda Turner wrote:
replying to geoff, Linda Turner wrote:
Funny that. I've been looking at my daughter's up2 today and thinking I
wasn't completely stupid would be able to get the timer going. WRONG! I
can't
understand it at all!!!!. Can I get a manual anywhere?

Do people using homeowners hub actually bother to look at the
*date* of the original message ?.

This was posted in 2008 !!!!!.

For christs sake use a proper newsgroup reader.

Have British Gas (BG) recommended a good heating system for me. HelpDiy UK diy 33 February 8th 07 08:12 PM
Old Heating Controller Replacement Thomarse UK diy 3 November 7th 06 08:52 AM
FF/FS: Hot water cylinder+immersion, heating pump, 7-day heating controller Jonathan Larmour UK diy 18 August 22nd 05 03:05 PM
Central heating, British gas, Maintenance contract Grumps UK diy 35 August 2nd 05 11:46 PM
Central Heating Controller Carl UK diy 12 December 3rd 04 11:09 AM