Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default British Gas UP2 heating controller - manual?

I have just had a call for help from 300 miles away "how do I put my heating
on?".
British Gas have recently fitted a UP2 controller - does anyone know what it
actually is under the BG badge and/or where I might find a manual online?
Phil

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Phil B" phil.remove.brady@hotmail dot co dot united kingdom wrote in
message ...
I have just had a call for help from 300 miles away "how do I put my
heating on?".
British Gas have recently fitted a UP2 controller - does anyone know what
it actually is under the BG badge and/or where I might find a manual
online?
Phil

Probably a Drayton lifestyle programmer, but don't ask me which model.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Phil B
writes
I have just had a call for help from 300 miles away "how do I put my heating
on?".
British Gas have recently fitted a UP2 controller - does anyone know what it
actually is under the BG badge and/or where I might find a manual online?
Phil

Well if its the same as the LP722 which replaces it, the left and right
buttons step CH and DHW resp in an off/once/twice/continuous cycle and
indicated on the liquid crystal display

All other controls are hidden behind the pull down flap below the
display

Its all fairly self explanatory

722 manual here

http://www.invensyscontrolseurope.co...-1A04-48E8-8B2
8-54E2A7F60534/0/LPrangenewInstructions.pdf
--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Phil B" phil.remove.brady@hotmail dot co dot united kingdom wrote in
message ...
I have just had a call for help from 300 miles away "how do I put my
heating on?".
British Gas have recently fitted a UP2 controller - does anyone know what
it actually is under the BG badge and/or where I might find a manual
online?
Phil

Thanks both, will check that with the owner!
Phil

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Phil B wrote:
I have just had a call for help from 300 miles away "how do I put my heating
on?".

You have my sympathy. I had to move 200 miles to be closer to my mother
after calls like these. Now I only have to drive 30 miles to flick a
switch or press a button.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to geoff, Linda Turner wrote:
Funny that. I've been looking at my daughter's up2 today and thinking I
wasn't completely stupid would be able to get the timer going. WRONG! I can't
understand it at all!!!!. Can I get a manual anywhere?

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy/...al-507315-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Linda Turner wrote:

Funny that. I've been looking at my daughter's up2 today and thinking I
wasn't completely stupid would be able to get the timer going. WRONG! I can't
understand it at all!!!!. Can I get a manual anywhere?

8 years later, geoff's no longer around these parts!
Does the UP2 controller look anything like the LP722 he suggested?

http://www.draytoncontrols.co.uk/product/lp722

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/11/2016 17:14, Linda Turner wrote:
replying to geoff, Linda Turner wrote:
Funny that. I've been looking at my daughter's up2 today and thinking I
wasn't completely stupid would be able to get the timer going. WRONG! I
can't
understand it at all!!!!. Can I get a manual anywhere?

Do people using homeowners hub actually bother to look at the
*date* of the original message ?.

This was posted in 2008 !!!!!.

For christs sake use a proper newsgroup reader.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to dennis, cpswan wrote:
Thanks to everybody on this thread for pointing me in the right direction. As
far as I can work out the UP2 is a Drayton LP822, and the pdf manual can be
found at
http://www.draytoncontrols.co.uk/sit...20Guide%29.pdf

The key point is that the UP2 has a jumper to choose between 1, 5/2 or 7 day
timing. I had the misfortune of being stuck on 1 day even though my previous
timer had 5/2 the British Gas engineer installing the UP2 told me it only did
1 day. I guess he didn't read the manual

I wrote a little blog post about changing the jumpers, with some pictures, at
http://blog.thestateofme.com/2018/01...gas-up2-timer/

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...al-507315-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/01/2018 17:44, cpswan wrote:
replying to dennis, cpswan wrote:
Thanks to everybody on this thread for pointing me in the right
direction. As
far as I can work out the UP2 is a Drayton LP822, and the pdf manual can be
found at
http://www.draytoncontrols.co.uk/sit...20Guide%29.pdf

The key point is that the UP2 has a jumper to choose between 1, 5/2 or 7
day
timing. I had the misfortune of being stuck on 1 day even though my
previous
timer had 5/2 the British Gas engineer installing the UP2 told me it
only did
1 day. I guess he didn't read the manual

I wrote a little blog post about changing the jumpers, with some
pictures, at
http://blog.thestateofme.com/2018/01...gas-up2-timer/

SPAM off.

Another 10 year-old post !

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 16/01/2018 16:02, Andrew wrote:
[...]

And I know that in 10 years time the apprentices I have got will still
not be able to fix it.

--

Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 13 September 2008 10:25:11 UTC+1, Phil B wrote:
I have just had a call for help from 300 miles away "how do I put my heating
on?".
British Gas have recently fitted a UP2 controller - does anyone know what it
actually is under the BG badge and/or where I might find a manual online?
Phil

My Programmer was changed because the gas board engineer said it was broken.. Until then it had worked perfectly but was replaced by a timer only available through BG. I have not been able to master this one so phoned the panic line and got an engineer to come. before his arrival I went on to internet to find a replacement LP522, and found B&Q and screwfix had them. When the BG chap arrived, I asked him if I bought a controller would he come back to fit it. Instead of coming back, he showed me that there are 2 screws under the timer. I went and bought the timer and now have peace of mind that I have heating when I want it. All for the princely sum of £59.

Have British Gas (BG) recommended a good heating system for me. HelpDiy UK diy 33 February 8th 07 09:12 PM
Old Heating Controller Replacement Thomarse UK diy 3 November 7th 06 09:52 AM
FF/FS: Hot water cylinder+immersion, heating pump, 7-day heating controller Jonathan Larmour UK diy 18 August 22nd 05 04:05 PM
Central heating, British gas, Maintenance contract Grumps UK diy 35 August 3rd 05 12:46 AM
Central Heating Controller Carl UK diy 12 December 3rd 04 12:09 PM