Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default radiator output (comparing)

On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 20:10:07 +0000, Stephen wrote:

Hello,

I see Screwfix list radiators with outputs calculated at dT=50C,
whereas Toolstation list their rads with outputs calculated at dT=60C;
this makes comparing them difficult. Am I right to think that for
condensing boilers you want to aim for a dT=50C?

To convert the toolstation outputs to dT=50, do I just divide by 60
and multiply by 50?

No, prolly more like convert to degrees absolute and take the difference,
then use some non-linear factor with a power of 33 1/3 or summat. Best get
over to the diy wiki and look at central heating design / radiators or
suchlike where you should find a formula to calculate outputs from sizes
regardless of what the manufacturers say.

--
YAPH http://yaph.co.uk

Hypnotising Hypnotists Can Be Tricky

radiator output (comparing) Roger Mills UK diy 11 September 18th 08 04:51 PM
radiator output formula and finless rad specs John Stumbles UK diy 9 January 18th 08 08:31 PM
Radiator output F UK diy 9 September 17th 06 06:16 PM
Radiator Output Roger UK diy 6 February 8th 05 07:55 AM
Radiator Heat Output fred UK diy 1 September 1st 03 03:15 PM