Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fence stain ruined?

We have stained a fence - the first coat had about 36 hours to dry before it
rained - the second coat only had about 12 hours - the instructions on the
tin said at least 24 hours - is it likely we'll have to re-do the 2nd coat
again?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ofn01" wrote in message
We have stained a fence - the first coat had about 36 hours to dry before
it rained - the second coat only had about 12 hours - the instructions on
the tin said at least 24 hours - is it likely we'll have to re-do the 2nd
coat again?

Is the colour what you want?
If it is then you won't need to redo it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ofn01" wrote:

We have stained a fence - the first coat had about 36 hours to dry before it
rained - the second coat only had about 12 hours - the instructions on the
tin said at least 24 hours - is it likely we'll have to re-do the 2nd coat
again?

Have you thought of looking at the fence, rather than reading the
instructions on the tin?

If it looks OK, it is ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Bruce
wrote
"ofn01" wrote:

We have stained a fence - the first coat had about 36 hours to dry before it
rained - the second coat only had about 12 hours - the instructions on the
tin said at least 24 hours - is it likely we'll have to re-do the 2nd coat
again?

Have you thought of looking at the fence, rather than reading the
instructions on the tin?

If it looks OK, it is ...

Unless it will only look OK for a couple of weeks until the rain damage
will show.

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Alan wrote:

In message , Bruce
wrote
"ofn01" wrote:

We have stained a fence - the first coat had about 36 hours to dry before it
rained - the second coat only had about 12 hours - the instructions on the
tin said at least 24 hours - is it likely we'll have to re-do the 2nd coat
again?

Have you thought of looking at the fence, rather than reading the
instructions on the tin?

If it looks OK, it is ...

Unless it will only look OK for a couple of weeks until the rain damage
will show.

What a bizarre suggestion.

Normal wood stain on exterior fence jc Home Repair 1 March 22nd 08 03:11 PM
fence panel stain reg UK diy 8 January 16th 06 03:35 PM
Best Stain For Fence? Laughing Rock Home Repair 6 August 18th 05 04:48 PM
cedar fence stain Dave Home Repair 5 August 8th 05 07:00 PM
stain backside of cedar fence trim? blue Home Repair 9 October 3rd 04 01:21 PM