David W.E. Roberts

Default heeellllppp - huge problems with shower :-/

"Garry Knipe" wrote in message
Hi.

Having massive problems with Triton Millennium 9.8kW electric shower.
It's been fine up til this week then suddenly the water pressure has
dropped and we can barely get a trickle out of it. Of course, its out
of warranty so no way are Triton going to come and look at it.

Pressure seems OK everywhere else in the house including the bathroom
(toilet refills quickly when flushed, had to turn the valve on the
basin down to avoid cold water splashing everywhere). Can fill a
10litre bucket in approx 1 min from bath tap...

Anyone got any pointers for what I can look at?

There is no cold water tank in this house, at least the one in the
loft *looks* dry and I'm fairly sure there's no piping up to it.
Central heating is fed by Baxi 80e combi.

Given that the shower could possibly be screwed, any pointers for what
I should get it replaced by? The water pressure has never been that
great out of the shower and I'm more used to the North American types
that knock you off your feet...

Thanks for any and all pointers / suggestions.

Does the water flow faster when turned to the coldest setting?
Or is it just a trickle at all speeds.
Should be mains fed anyway so the tank is a red herring.

General advice is to use the combi boiler to heat the shower - you get
better flow than through an electric shower.
Just uses your normal hot and cold feeds as both are at mains pressure.

HTH
Dave R

AlanG

On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 17:18:52 +0100, Garry Knipe
wrote:

Hi.

Having massive problems with Triton Millennium 9.8kW electric shower.
It's been fine up til this week then suddenly the water pressure has
dropped and we can barely get a trickle out of it. Of course, its out
of warranty so no way are Triton going to come and look at it.

Possibly the inline water filter is blocked. This usually means
disconnecting the shower from the water supply . The filter is just on
the shower inlet. Some showers have a cover you can unscrew to get at
the filter but I haven't seen these on tritons only on mira.

It's a bugger of a job anyway.

Pressure seems OK everywhere else in the house including the bathroom
(toilet refills quickly when flushed, had to turn the valve on the
basin down to avoid cold water splashing everywhere). Can fill a
10litre bucket in approx 1 min from bath tap...

Anyone got any pointers for what I can look at?

There is no cold water tank in this house, at least the one in the
loft *looks* dry and I'm fairly sure there's no piping up to it.
Central heating is fed by Baxi 80e combi.

Given that the shower could possibly be screwed, any pointers for what
I should get it replaced by? The water pressure has never been that
great out of the shower and I'm more used to the North American types
that knock you off your feet...

I replaced a very expensive mira shower with a cheap triton after
getting fed up with replacing the relays in the mira every couple of
years. I didn't use the Triton shower head though. Took the much
better one off the Mira. Still not a great pressure but it does me for
a swill down.

Thanks for any and all pointers / suggestions.

Regards
Garry

--
Alan G
"The corporate life [of society] must be
Niel A. Farrow

wrote:

Having massive problems with Triton Millennium 9.8kW electric shower.
It's been fine up til this week then suddenly the water pressure has
dropped and we can barely get a trickle out of it. Of course, its out
of warranty so no way are Triton going to come and look at it.

Possibly the inline water filter is blocked. This usually means
disconnecting the shower from the water supply . The filter is just on
the shower inlet. Some showers have a cover you can unscrew to get at
the filter but I haven't seen these on tritons only on mira.

It's a bugger of a job anyway.

Damnation :-/

I'll have a lookee see though, sounds possible.

I replaced a very expensive mira shower with a cheap triton after
getting fed up with replacing the relays in the mira every couple of
years. I didn't use the Triton shower head though. Took the much
better one off the Mira. Still not a great pressure but it does me for
a swill down.

I don't think I'll buy Triton again TBH. This shower has been
problematic before and has had new relays / power boards / heating can
/ turbine (x2) put in while it was under warranty.

Perhaps it's just a lemon and I should replace it anyway?

It's still under warranty. Well possibly as long as it's not say 6 years
old. It's called your statuatory consumer rights. The sale of goods act
says that the goods must be fit for the purpose they are sold for. This
includes time. On the old Jimmy Young program their legal chap said a
stereo should be good for 5-6 years. And if you have had problems all
along......
Take it back to the shop and tell them you have had problems and you want
it replaced. If they say no then send a reg. letter, then take them to
small claims.

You could also get rid of it and use the combi.
Neil