Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY bricklaying corner profile

Regarding a bricklaying corner "profile", i.e. a guide you strap to
the corners to get perfect corners. These seem to all be about 150
quid, and are quite simply designed, but probably overly sturdy for a
one-off job.
Anyone made a DIY corner profile ? I know its basically simple, but
things like stabilizing and adjustment are never as simple as they
seem.
Simon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 1, 10:46 am, sm_jamieson wrote:
Regarding a bricklaying corner "profile", i.e. a guide you strap to
the corners to get perfect corners. These seem to all be about 150
quid, and are quite simply designed, but probably overly sturdy for a
one-off job.
Anyone made a DIY corner profile ? I know its basically simple, but
things like stabilizing and adjustment are never as simple as they
seem.

What's it supposed to do? I just put one brick on top of another
(bonded, and with mortar of course), and use a spirit level to make
sure they're vertical (in both directions).

Brick laying /really/ isn't that difficult. (Unless you want to cut a
queen closer with a single blow of the trowel, or similar pro tricks.)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 1 Sep, 17:25, Martin Bonner wrote:
On Sep 1, 10:46 am, sm_jamieson wrote:

Regarding a bricklaying corner "profile", i.e. a guide you strap to
the corners to get perfect corners. These seem to all be about 150
quid, and are quite simply designed, but probably overly sturdy for a
one-off job.
Anyone made a DIY corner profile ? I know its basically simple, but
things like stabilizing and adjustment are never as simple as they
seem.

What's it supposed to do? I just put one brick on top of another
(bonded, and with mortar of course), and use a spirit level to make
sure they're vertical (in both directions).

Brick laying /really/ isn't that difficult. (Unless you want to cut a
queen closer with a single blow of the trowel, or similar pro tricks.)

I've had success with what I've done so far, but since its my first
wall anywhere near as high,
I want to try and eliminate possible error. And if you can bang each
corner brick into a piece
of angle iron, you can't go wrong.
Simon.

'Bricky' bricklaying aid. mark UK diy 10 July 7th 08 07:02 PM
bricklaying mortar sm_jamieson UK diy 19 August 14th 07 08:31 AM
bricklaying and DPC [email protected] UK diy 8 November 2nd 05 11:03 PM
brikmat bricklaying aid Simon UK diy 3 April 19th 05 07:27 PM
bricklaying bill UK diy 26 November 6th 04 01:36 AM