Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 'Bricky' bricklaying aid.

This looks amazingly convincing but then again it is an advert.

"You've got nothing to lose with the 30 day return if you are not 100%
happy".

This falls apart when you read the returns policy. i.e., Must be returned
in all packaging and unused.

Would appreciate comment from anyone who has used this device:

http://www.brickytool.com/bricky_video.html

mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y

mark wrote:
This looks amazingly convincing but then again it is an advert.

"You've got nothing to lose with the 30 day return if you are not 100%
happy".

This falls apart when you read the returns policy. i.e., Must be returned
in all packaging and unused.

Would appreciate comment from anyone who has used this device:

http://www.brickytool.com/bricky_video.html

mark

This has been covered on here quite recently
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"mark" writes:

This looks amazingly convincing but then again it is an advert.

"You've got nothing to lose with the 30 day return if you are not 100%
happy".

This falls apart when you read the returns policy. i.e., Must be returned
in all packaging and unused.

Would appreciate comment from anyone who has used this device:

http://www.brickytool.com/bricky_video.html

There was a thread just recently.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Would appreciate comment from anyone who has used this device:

http://www.brickytool.com/bricky_video.html

There was a thread just recently.

--

Sorry, didn't see it. Will go and find the thread.

mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"mark" wrote in message

Would appreciate comment from anyone who has used this device:

http://www.brickytool.com/bricky_video.html

There was a thread just recently.

--

Sorry, didn't see it. Will go and find the thread.

mark

Make your own out of wood,its not hard

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"George" wrote in message
om...

"mark" wrote in message

Would appreciate comment from anyone who has used this device:

http://www.brickytool.com/bricky_video.html

There was a thread just recently.

--

Sorry, didn't see it. Will go and find the thread.

mark

Make your own out of wood,its not hard

I did think of that. Having read the other thread it would appear that you
have to go round pointing up the joints afterwards.

mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"mark" wrote in message
et...

"George" wrote in message
om...

"mark" wrote in message

Would appreciate comment from anyone who has used this device:

http://www.brickytool.com/bricky_video.html

There was a thread just recently.

--

Sorry, didn't see it. Will go and find the thread.

mark

Make your own out of wood,its not hard

I did think of that. Having read the other thread it would appear that you
have to go round pointing up the joints afterwards.

mark

That bricky tool was made for walls with the cement course not to exceed the
bricks,so one could make the bricky tools cement runner to exceed the bricks
by putting two battens underneath the brick tool so that they act as a
support on the layer of bricks beneath and the cement runner then can be as
wide as the bricks.
If you do think of aking one? you're gonna need a cleanable and smooth
surface for the cement runner an ideal surface would be plastic but I would
use a piece of Lainate flooring as the base.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:

If you do think of aking one? you're gonna need a cleanable and smooth
surface for the cement runner an ideal surface would be plastic but I would
use a piece of Lainate flooring as the base.

Phenolic ply would probably be good and hard wearing...

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote in message
et...
George wrote:

If you do think of aking one? you're gonna need a cleanable and smooth
surface for the cement runner an ideal surface would be plastic but I

would
use a piece of Lainate flooring as the base.

Phenolic ply would probably be good and hard wearing...

--
Cheers,

John.

Nah! a piece of Laminate flooring will do,I'm talking about the real
laminate not the compressed sh**e you find cheap,the type that looks like
bakelite when you cut it tis very hardwearing.

You might have to join two pieces together to get the right thickness of
cement runner.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 7 Jul, 17:10, John Rumm wrote:

Phenolic ply would probably be good and hard wearing...

Phenolic does work for this and has the advantage that mortar sticks
poorly to it. Laminate flooring is likely to swell, Versapanel is
terrible because mortar bonds straight to it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On 7 Jul, 17:10, John Rumm wrote:

Phenolic ply would probably be good and hard wearing...

Phenolic does work for this and has the advantage that mortar sticks
poorly to it. Laminate flooring is likely to swell, Versapanel is
terrible because mortar bonds straight to it.

Not the resin based laminate material,this doesn't swell but the compressed
crap does which is the cheaper of the two.

BRICKY tool Rick Hughes UK diy 12 April 22nd 07 11:13 AM
bricky costs in Midlands [email protected] UK diy 2 November 24th 05 11:07 PM
bricklaying and DPC [email protected] UK diy 8 November 2nd 05 11:03 PM
Bricky Tool stupidworld UK diy 14 April 20th 05 07:22 PM
bricklaying bill UK diy 26 November 6th 04 01:36 AM