Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hotpoint RFA 70 power

The Hotpoint RFA70 blew a fuse today and tripped the breaker. I
changed to a new 13amp fuse and pushed nack the breaker, but still no
power to the fridge. Any suggestions?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
The Hotpoint RFA70 blew a fuse today and tripped the breaker. I
changed to a new 13amp fuse and pushed nack the breaker, but still no
power to the fridge. Any suggestions?

buy a new fridge,

fuses dont usually blow for no reason, compressor motors probably shorted
out.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
" writes:
The Hotpoint RFA70 blew a fuse today and tripped the breaker. I
changed to a new 13amp fuse and pushed nack the breaker, but still no

Is there power to the socket?
If so, it sounds like something else has blown in the fridge,
which is not unexpected given it passed enough current to blow
the fuse and breaker. (What was the breaker rating, out of interest?)

power to the fridge. Any suggestions?

I once had a 15W pigmy (oven) lamp blow. This blew the oven fuse
(13A) and the 32A MCB. I wasn't present when it went, but it had
clearly done so quite explosively. First problem was that it had
blown the glass cover cross-threaded, and there was no way it
would unscrew. I had to take the whole oven out and take the lamp
out from the back. When I got the cover off, the bulb was quite
spectacular. The bulb was all shattered, but completely held in
shape by the filament which had stretched and melted to the
inside of the bulb in hundreds of places. The springyness of the
filament was holding all the pieces together very well. You could
push on the bulb and deform it, but it sprung back to the right
shape.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Hotpoint Spares Broadback UK diy 3 May 22nd 08 02:33 PM
Hotpoint refrigerator Arpil Home Repair 1 May 17th 07 03:17 PM
Hotpoint dishwasher DaveGreen Home Repair 0 November 8th 05 02:03 PM
Hotpoint Dishwasher David Lang UK diy 5 June 16th 05 10:15 AM
HOTPOINT WMA BigGuyUK UK diy 3 July 21st 04 12:01 PM