BigGuyUK

Default HOTPOINT WMA

Just about to change the bearings/ Seal on a Hotpoint WMA series Washer Any
Tips !
Thanks BigGuyUK

Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"BigGuyUK" writes:
Just about to change the bearings/ Seal on a Hotpoint WMA series Washer Any

When hammering the old one out, make sure it stays parallel in the
hole. I broke the drum as it got wedged at an angle and cracked the
sleeve. I'm still using it, but I suspect it will come to pieces
within a few months now.

--
Andrew Gabriel
misterroy

hotpoints come with a five year parts guarantee, when mine went I got teh
whole drum assembly replaced, practically a new machine. I'd speak to the
shop first before touching anything. Its a common fault

roy

Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"misterroy" writes:
hotpoints come with a five year parts guarantee, when mine went I got teh
whole drum assembly replaced, practically a new machine. I'd speak to the
shop first before touching anything. Its a common fault

In my case, the machine was ~18 years old, and the really maddening
thing is I misdiagnosed the problem -- there was absolutely nothing
wrong with the bearings I removed in the first place.
Been kicking myself ever since...

--
Andrew Gabriel

Hotpoint Fridge Freezer Temperature too high Lee UK diy 5 June 15th 04 11:21 PM
Hotpoint Fridge Freezer Ian UK diy 2 January 14th 04 12:44 AM
Hotpoint Dishwasher Problem Jim Orchard UK diy 4 November 10th 03 10:12 PM
Hotpoint fridge freezer - freezer failure [email protected] UK diy 2 August 13th 03 07:06 PM