Ian

Default Hotpoint Fridge Freezer

Hi,

My friends Hotpoint fridge freezer has the error code E7 on the LCD display
which apparently means "Evaporator Thermistor Open Circuit" It has stopped
showing the temperature of the freezer on the display but still shows the
fridge temp. Anybody know what this means and how to fix it ? Or will she
need to call a Hotpoint Engineer.

Thanks,

Ian

Sparks

My friends Hotpoint fridge freezer has the error code E7 on the LCD

display
which apparently means "Evaporator Thermistor Open Circuit" It has stopped
showing the temperature of the freezer on the display but still shows the
fridge temp. Anybody know what this means and how to fix it ? Or will she
need to call a Hotpoint Engineer.

Well, the thermistor is the actual temperature sensor...

It could be a wire has got pulled off - has it been moved recently?

I don't have the appliance you mention, but if it were mine, I would try to
locate this
thermistor and trace the wires going back to the control panel (there should
be two wires to it)

Sparks...

Ian

Sparks wrote:
My friends Hotpoint fridge freezer has the error code E7 on the LCD
display which apparently means "Evaporator Thermistor Open Circuit"
It has stopped showing the temperature of the freezer on the display
but still shows the fridge temp. Anybody know what this means and
how to fix it ? Or will she need to call a Hotpoint Engineer.

Well, the thermistor is the actual temperature sensor...

It could be a wire has got pulled off - has it been moved recently?

I don't have the appliance you mention, but if it were mine, I would
try to locate this
thermistor and trace the wires going back to the control panel (there
should be two wires to it)

Sparks...

No, I 'm sure it hasn't been moved. Thanks for the advice, I will take
another look at it.